SkyMaxx Pro Version 1.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains SkyMaxx Pro purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "SkyMaxx Pro".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Huge performance/FPS increases in both HDR and Non-HDR
  • Clouds now have uniform tone mapping between both HDR and Non-HDR
  • Orbit textures are now visible when SkyMaxx Pro is used
  • New dawn and dusk transitions rids of black cloud appearance
  • Overcast 'High' settings now uses volumetric metaballs for a better look
  • Visibility setting issues have been resolved

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 9

Hi

I did a small test (always without HDR), ran x-plane 5 times with Skymaxx 1.0 , starting in the same place, same weather, (not touching anything) fps stabilized to 23/24 fps.

Then updated to 1.1, started x-plane 5 times also, with same place,conditions, not touching anything, and fps remain the same.(24fps)

Is FPS improvement in some specific situations/configurations ?

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Then updated to 1.1, started x-plane 5 times also, with same place,conditions, not touching anything, and fps remain the same.(24fps)

Hi, Marty!,

If you are already CPU or GPU bound prior to SkyMaxx then you won't have much to gain here. What video card do you have, and what CPU, and what monitor resolution are you running at?

On second thought...try a computer restart as well. We just had a user who reported that FPS drastically improved on his system after doing such.

Either way, so far this topic is showing that 1.1 is a winner thus far.

Super Update

BRAVO !!  

My fps are up to 24-30 (8-14 at v 1.0)

But the visibility issue exists. :

When you approach a cloud formation from a clear area nothing is visible infront of me and they suddenly form around me. Same thing with fadeout as i exit a cloud cluster and enter a clear area.

HDR is ok now. 

Orbit textures are not fixed

Super Update

BRAVO !!

Awesome! :)

But the visibility issue exists

Are you sure you're talking about the right thing? The visibility issue we are addressing is here.

I've just tried this. Orbit textures are definitely working.

Super Update

BRAVO !!  

But the visibility issue exists. :

When you approach a cloud formation from a clear area nothing is visible infront of me and they suddenly form around me. Same thing with fadeout as i exit a cloud cluster and enter a clear area.

HDR is ok now. 

The fade in and out is an expected result, this is something we did not address in the 1.1 update.  This had to do with the way XPX draws weather patterns, I was suggesting users should use the NOAA plugin since the patterns are more consistant.....

Orbit textures not fixed?  Im scratching my head right now......I will have to test more after work......

The fade in and out is an expected result, this is something we did not address in the 1.1 update.  This had to do with the way XPX draws weather patterns, I was suggesting users should use the NOAA plugin since the patterns are more consistant.....

Orbit textures not fixed?  Im scratching my head right now......I will have to test more after work......

I use the NOAA.

It would be super if you can fix it and be able to see infont of you the clouds.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, beautiful but still have visibility issues.

If you go to Enviroment/Weather/Set uniform weather for the entire world, you can select a CAT I or II or III approach.

Visibility is a lot more than 1 mile or even 3 miles.

Im talking about the kind of approack that you are doing an ILS in the soup the break out in low visibility close to the runway.

So far not possible with SKYMAXX Pro.

Hi, Marty!,

If you are already CPU or GPU bound prior to SkyMaxx then you won't have much to gain here. What video card do you have, and what CPU, and what monitor resolution are you running at?

On second thought...try a computer restart as well. We just had a user who reported that FPS drastically improved on his system after doing such.

Either way, so far this topic is showing that 1.1 is a winner thus far.

Hi

as I'm on vacation now, I have my laptop and i'm testing it with all x-plane slidrs to slow... I anyway expected some fps improve , its a I5 3ghz, not so bad,

but I'm for sure GPU-bound, its not a gaming laptop.

Then.. I will test it this weekeend when I'm back at home with my desktop... with HDR on , and so on...

Thanks