What did you fly today?

Maxime

A conclusion of a series of flights between Sydney and Honolulu. All done in Cessna Corvalis, with occasional island exploring done with other aircraft. The last leg was a 1231nm non stop flight from PLCH to PHNL. Now I'm going to stay on Hawaii for some time, this being the third such adventure, as I'm strangely attracted to this part of the world :)

post-1467-131369586767_thumb.png

Desperately looking for a good LEAL apt.dat (or Olas xplane scenery)! This is the Eiresim Alicante, a fs2xplane conversion. Looks good here, but actually the fence is removed, the ground textures should be... both producing black images from different angles, especially on ILS. Also, the ap.dat only is parking positions and a transparent runway. Would be worth to rework this scenery (create good apt.dat with xplane textures, use overlay editor to remove the distracting fs2004 textures), but my skills are still limited.

And another flight of today started in Ibiza.

Flew out of KSEA early this morning and headed up to CYQU (Grand Prairie) on my way to CYZF (Yellow Knife).  As CEO of Air Northwest Virtual Airlines I have access to some great aircraft.  Air Northwest is unique in that we have a lot of vintage aircraft to fly.  Check us out at www.airnorthwest.org.  This is our L188A Super Electra II

X-Plane-009936.jpg

X-Plane-009952.jpg

X-Plane-009958.jpg

Of course, not :) Duchess is being controlled by X-Plane native AI, and I'm following her manually in Sundowner.

And you have been able to fly fast enough with the Sundowner to stay close behind ? Nice AI !  ;D

I'm still reading the excellent POH, but I couldn't wait flying it so here are my first shots:

duch01.th.jpg duch02.th.jpg duch03.th.jpg duch04.th.jpg

Just awesome ! Goran, Theo, congratulations for this work !

And you have been able to fly fast enough with the Sundowner to stay close behind ? Nice AI !  ;D

AI speed can be set, so I've set her to fly at 100 kts, to avoid any troubles. It turned out to be actually too slow, to the point I got carb ice because of flying less than 1800 RPM. Sundowner is surprisingly fast plane, capable of doing redline while level at 3000ft. Just trim it, have the ball centered, full throttle and lean for best power. However, if you cruised in that manner in real life, that would be rather unique way of getting some time on gliders and a new engine, if you know what I mean ;)