[SOLVED] Manipulators and Co.

flydav

The HDG manipulator is reversed: dragging left toward the - sign the HDG bug goes to the right and vice versa.

The ADF 2 is reversed and the increment is too little and requires a big dragging movement making impossible to go from 210 to 275 in a reasonable time since I was following the flight tutorial. No good please fix it.

The DH manipulator also behaves erratically at least for me I don't understand...I expect that the numbers decrease if I drag it toward the Minus sign and increase if I drag it toward the Plus sign, some time is good but most of the time is not and really don't understand where should I drag it to: up, down, just don't understand what's the logic behind these manipulators.

I just found out that I have to assign my 2 prop levers... every time I fly?! Plus I had to try 4 times the procedure for the left prop because even though it was ASSIGNED successfully nothing happened when moving the lever up or down. On my first flight Yesterday the assignment procedure went smooth and both levers were working at the first shot so this is clearly an issue with the Saab and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I really like that this plane is super detailed and the amount of care in the making is extraordinary but the things that I mentioned are basic and navigating the plane with VOR requires fast action, things have to be done in few seconds and efficiently so manipulators are key in this plane please make them working in a logic and efficient way.

The manipulators are correct. The problem may be that you are viewing these with an awkward angle which X-Plane then incorrectly calculates the axis. This has been a long time bug/issue since X-Plane 9.

As for the condition levers, there's a topic here already which discussed the assignment issue should be fixed in the next update.

In addition, as has been mentioned before, the radio manipulators are a "drag and hold" action.You DO NOT need to continue dragging to increment the frequency.  Simply drag and HOLD, and the frequency will increment automatically.  We will always consider other options for manipulators, but this is the best solution available at this time.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

I didn't know that the condition levers issue was already discussed sorry I must have missed that post regarding the manipulators I was using them from the captain point of view with Trackir also without trackir had the same problem. What does " Simply drag and HOLD" mean... that once I dragged the cursor toward the side that I want, I have to hold and not to make any other dragging gestures is that what you mean? Ok I'll see tonight, thanks for your time.

it would be nice if the drag-and-hold made the numbers change a LITTLE faster though.. just my opinion. Not a lot faster, since as you said, fine adjustments, but maybe juuuust a bit faster would help. Or make it configurable somehow, if that's even possible.

We've gone through tons of speeds through the beta phase. This won't be changing.

Having again the problem of the 2nd condition lever (right) that is assigned but the lever doesn't move...tried several times, tried reloading gizmo,  and ended up reloading the plane, hopefully it will be fixed.

Please realize that if you are having a manipulator grabbing issue where the lever will not move when you grab it, this is due to your camera angle (as has been discussed here) and X-Plane not being able to realize what way to go. There is nothing we can do to fix this. Laminar has had it this way since X-Plane 9.

Please realize that if you are having a manipulator grabbing issue where the lever will not move when you grab it, this is due to your camera angle (as has been discussed here) and X-Plane not being able to realize what way to go. There is nothing we can do to fix this. Laminar has had it this way since X-Plane 9.

Have you guys thought about making some kind of improvement to make pilot's life easier as far as adjusting COM1 radio?

I perfectly understand that the location of COM1 radio is correct but when if flight, it is almost impossible to hand fly the plane and adjust the radio which takes the forward view totally away.

Yes, I can trim the plane for hands off straight and level flight but especially on visual approach, one needs to make constant adjustments and looking down ( for example to contact tower) is a big distraction.

I was wondering if there is any possible way of doing it easier than I did.

I assigned SHIFT + Insert, Page Up, Delete and Page down for know movements and SHIFT + X  to switch SBY to ACTIVE frequency.

This way I can hand fly SAAB , change frequency but I still see what is in front of me.

No I'm talking about assigning the condition levers to my joystick. Didn't want to start a new post because this problem has been reported already.

The assigning function to the 2 condition levers is done successfully ( the plugin says ASSIGNED) but one of the lever doesn't move when I move the lever on my throttle quadrant.

No I'm talking about assigning the condition levers to my joystick. Didn't want to start a new post because this problem has been reported already.

The assigning function to the 2 condition levers is done successfully ( the plugin says ASSIGNED) but one of the lever doesn't move when I move the lever on my throttle quadrant.

Ah, yes, then this is no worry as it is already fixed for the upcoming update. :)

• Upvote 1

I noticed that in the "after engine start" checklist it says to put the ext power off and then to put the engine generators on, reading of course from the top to bottom I believe these two items should be inverted.

How can I connect the generators if I turn the ext power off?

In another checklist "landing" it says yaw damper off...question: How can I disconnect the yaw damper without disengaging the A/P (which is also assigned to my joystick button)?

I noticed that in the "after engine start" checklist it says to put the ext power off and then to put the engine generators on, reading of course from the top to bottom I believe these two items should be inverted.

How can I connect the generators if I turn the ext power off?

Apparently, it works, but I was also wondering whether the order was wrong.