FlyJSim's 727 Series Released!

steven winslow

The 727 isn't 'heavy' metal!

It's medium-weight metal. :D

I don't think I can run it, as I don't have a graphics card, but I'm eagerly awaiting the CIVA inertial navigation system Philipp made to accompany it.

edit: The CIVA is also released! I think I'll buy myself a little Christmas present...

Edited by Dozer

I have to agree. The sounds are a bit weird at angles and the doppler could be better.

I also think this was rushed for some reason. The cockpit has nice parts but also very undone parts that just look way out of place and detract from some of the experience. Some objects disappear when I press the 'w' key too and that has been frustrating. 

It's nicer quality than the Q400 in terms of readability but it's also lacking in quality to command such a high price at $62 (that's a weird number). In that regard I feel I should have known better and also feel as though I got robbed of my cash. It's basically a recycled cockpit in smaller airframes. By the time you're done with it, if you want everything your best possible bottom price is $101.95. That's pretty absurd considering all the free liveries that exist for products that command a lower price and have more systems.

It's not the worst product I have purchased, but it's definitely not the best. They have priced it as if it's the best and I guess that's where I'm frustrated. Not worth $62 and definitely not worth $101.95.

Oh well. You win some, and you lose some.  :wacko:

Edited by CoreyR

I don't know where you're getting the figure of $101.95 from?

It's $32 for an individual type (-100, -200, -200F) or $62 for all three. $19.95 for the complete package of additional repaints. $10 for the CIVA, which should be considered a completely separate standalone product IMO.

That's $81.95 for all the 727 bits, or $91.95 for the CIVA as well.

I'm a bit perplexed by the association between the CIVA and the 727. As far as I know, 727s rarely had inertial-nav fitted. And, (as far as I know again) the FlyJSim 727 doesn't have any special integration of Philipp's CIVA. It is a popup 2d gauge which can steer the autopilot, and it works identically whether you're flying the FJS 727 or the default 172.

Philipp's CIVA is less comprehensive than the MSFS Simufly CIVA at present - it is only a single unit while the Simufly one could be in duplex or triplex configuration. Also it has fewer of the more esoteric modes, I think. But the great strength of Philipp's CIVA is that it can be integrated into aircraft cockpits by using its commands and datarefs but not the art assets, which is definitely something I want to do to my own aircraft. Also it can be integrated with hardware. Much love to Philipp for creating it and I hope it will be popular and developed further!

Edited by Dozer

I don't know where you're getting the figure of $101.95 from?

It's $32 for an individual type (-100, -200, -200F) or $62 for all three. $19.95 for the complete package of additional repaints. $10 for the CIVA, which should be considered a completely separate standalone product IMO.

I think you missed $10 for the pack that's NOT part of the "complete package" for the paints from XP Jets. So, with that, I believe CoreyR's pricing calculation is correct. $10 XPJ Paint Pack + $62 FJS 727 Pack + $19.95 Complete Paint Pack + $10 CIVA = $101.95.

I'm a bit perplexed by the association between the CIVA and the 727. As far as I know, 727s rarely had inertial-nav fitted. And, (as far as I know again) the FlyJSim 727 doesn't have any special integration of Philipp's CIVA. It is a popup 2d gauge which can steer the autopilot, and it works identically whether you're flying the FJS 727 or the default 172.

The CIVA was announced with this product, it's listed as part of the "Boeing Aircraft:727 Series" on the org store, and the 727 does in fact have a menu for it in sim and tells you to purchase it if you want that feature active. It's able to be extended beyond this aircraft and it is Philipp's, but it was released today for a reason, and it's not too far fetched to consider it a part of this package.

I'm sure you know what I would potentially say next, Dozer, but I'll refrain this time. ;)

That's right, I know nothing of the XPJets livery set. I'm just surprised that the 'Complete Set For 727 Series' is not the complete set of liveries for the 727 series.

It's a matter of opinion if the CIVA and 727 are the same 'package' or not. It's not 727-specific, it works equally well with any aircraft, so even if it was made for the FJS 727 I see it as a completely separate product. I don't care what page the .org sells it from, or how they distribute its sale revenue. Any heavy (or medium ;) ) jet could promote the CIVA as a desirable but optional enhancement for those who like old, fiddly technology; the only special thing about the FJS 727 is it's the first one.

The .org store software doesn't allow the proceeds to be split between multiple contributors, so (for now at least), our liveries aren't included in the "Complete" collection by Will. I'm a bit disappointed that either he/nicolas chose to represent that pack as "complete" when our pack includes some of the more prolific North American paints for the -200. Either way, we've got at least one more pack planned that will include some more US liveries from varying vintages, so we'll see if they change their marketing tune or not.

It's a matter of opinion if the CIVA and 727 are the same 'package' or not. It's not 727-specific, it works equally well with any aircraft, so even if it was made for the FJS 727 I see it as a completely separate product. I don't care what page the .org sells it from, or how they distribute its sale revenue. Any heavy (or medium ;) ) jet could promote the CIVA as a desirable but optional enhancement for those who like old, fiddly technology; the only special thing about the FJS 727 is it's the first one.

Say what you wish but my 727 contains a menu and button for the CIVA which does not work unless I purchase it. It is, for all intents and purposes, an add-on for this product.

Beautiful X-Plane 727!!!

One thing I noticed is a strange effect with the reverse thrust. In Boeing aircraft the thrust levers are placed in the idle position and the reverse levers are then pulled upward. Pull further upward to increase reverse thrust. In FlyJSim's 727s for some reason when going into reverse thrust the main thrust levers go to the maximum thrust position and stay there as the reverse levers are pulled. This could never happen in the real plane as the gate inside the console would not allow reverse selection if thrust levers are not at idle.

That being said, this model is a very nice plane. I fly the E145 in my day job and have only ridden Jumpseat on B727s but this is a phenomenal bird. I'll never have the chance to fly the real one but this model has given me a little taste. Thanks guys!