XP Jets 777 preview

alxunru

I don't think you should buy the scenery packages, because it would cost way too much.

Huh? Guess you shouldn't buy the 777 or other products shown here too then, right? They would cost too much...

In all seriousness, I appreciate everything that FlyTampa and the Cloud9 guys make. I do suggest purchasing the packages if you're looking for an immersible experience in X-Plane or even FS. They work hard at what they do, and do a good job at it. So far I've had pretty good luck with the Cloud9 stuff, with the exception of Orlando for FS X.

These packages convert quite well as is, Joe.

Don't these sceneries come with windows installers that require MSFS to install properly? Could make it difficult for you if you're on a Mac and don't have a Windows PC close by.... ???

However I did buy FlyTampa's TNCM scenery and it did convert pretty good, but if I remember correctly I had to run Windows in Parallels to get it installed...

Okay, you can buy it if you have windows, because you have to convert it in windows. But are there any webpages that have a download link for already converted scenery? I have downloaded a converted TNCM scenery, and it didn't come out very well. The reason I said that it was too expensive is because I think you should wait for FlyTampa-like scenery coming to X-Plane. Recently I listened to a podcast that featured an interview with the creator of X-Aviation, and he said that after they are finished with the Real Scenery, they will start making scenery like what FlyTampa does. And trust me, it will look WAY better, because converted scenery does look kinda like what it looks like in FSX, but I think some of the things like the static aircraft look worse. If you wait for the scenery coming to x-plane it will benefit you way more.

Recently I listened to a podcast that featured an interview with the creator of X-Aviation, and he said that after they are finished with the Real Scenery, they will start making scenery like what FlyTampa does.

Ya, well, that guy in the interview is an idiot.

So your naming yourself an idiot? :D  :)

Yeah I know him...he's always Skyping me at all hours and he's like "can we change the water color?  Can we use 20,000,000,000,000 triangles in our base mesh? Can we make an add-on that will cause x-Plane to act like a coffee maker?"  Sheesh!  What does he think the scenery system is?  A platform? :-)

Yeah I know him...he's always Skyping me at all hours and he's like "can we change the water color?  Can we use 20,000,000,000,000 triangles in our base mesh? Can we make an add-on that will cause x-Plane to act like a coffee maker?"  Sheesh!  What does he think the scenery system is?  A platform? :-)

*sigh* Tell him to get a REAL job! Though, that X-Plane turned coffee maker idea must be SOMEWHAT appealing for the Professional Coffee Maker you make yourself out to be, eh? :)