Project 3

Goran_M

I said early March.  I didn't say 2010.

;)

Kidding!

All joking aside, it's being worked on.  I know I've said it before, but it's very soon.  Theo has been getting the night lighting done and it looks damn good.  The animating is being worked on in AC3D now.  Blender was being a little difficult and AC3D is able to show animations in real time within the actual program.

In saying all this, I will have something to mention in the very near future which will make up for the delay in getting the Saab out.

More on that in another future post.

Goran

Well it's past the first half of March and still no Saab.

Crossing of the fingers doesn't work.

;)

Exterior, from my understanding, is done with animations.  FINALLY.

Work continues.

Interior shouldn't take too long.

The B variant will follow soon after.  Before the B variant is finished, I'll let my little bit of "news" out of the bag.

Goran

o.O Wow!

One quick catch, not sure if this is physically modeled or part of the texture, but it looks like you have the little "message hatch" (small circular door below the side cockpit window) modeled on both sides. It's only there on the captain's side on the real aircraft.

Small thing, but I see it's there on both sides on this texture - might just want to disable a layer or 2 :).

...gear isn't detailed enough, start over.

I am being picky....

Main gear "spade" doors arent that big or that shape and the nose gear doors should be open.

Other than that, pretty speccy, well done.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Provincial-Airlines/Saab-Fairchild-SF-340A/1666147/&sid=03ceb38984cea44a72e3ed3dc5bf40e5

There is still some testing to be done.  That includes giving it the once over about 4 or 5 times to make sure everything is how it should be.  The gear doors for the nose gear are there but they are closed.  They are not closed for any particular reason.  They just are.  To fix the main gear doors is a matter of selection and repair which will take about 2 minutes.  The shape is actually that shape on the 340A.  I have some close up photos.

All will be as it should come release time.  I have about 400 photos of the Saab and they have all been put to good use.

I'm actually flattered that someone would take the time to do such scrutinizing.

Cheers

Goran