Airbus 320

Japo32

Ok People. I have to announce a little thing.

Last summer on August I received an e-mail from Anton Volkov showing me his project: Airbus 320-200. After viewing it and seeing the potencial of that project, and because I needed a programmer I asked him if he could do the programming of the CRJ because he has really beautifull skills programming... and I would help on the creation of the A320 model.

Now we have been working all September he on CRJ programming (that is really nice!!!) and myself modelling the A320.

This screens are 2 weeks of working so step by step  ;D

Where, when and how will be reply by Anton when he think is good for that... but sure you all will have more news about the A320.

Now we both can say that our planes (CRJ and A320) will have a body done by me, and a soul done by Anton.

Edit: nowadays Anton is not working in this project, and Philipp will catch the ball to insert the body, the soul!

13b-A320_plane.jpg

13c-A320_plane.jpg

13e-A320_plane.jpg

yep.. I couldn't and didn't want to say anything about it because is Anton project. The only that knew about it was Anton and my girldfriend.  ;)

Yes, the systems of the A320 are really mad!! but Anton is good on programming.  :D

best look on your projects also!! I see you model really really nice!!

WOW, that's pretty exciting news.  ;D

Sure would love a detailed "heavy" in every aspect, GAs doesn't do it for me and the scenery is not detailed enough for sightseeing so being able to take a commercial jet to the skies is something I have missed in X-Plane for a while. Of course there are a few great models around, but it seems people have a hard time keeping their models up to date with the latest version, or are simply working on much more advanced models that take longer. So this will definitely fill a void in the heavies department, and the A320 is good candidate in my book!  ;)

If the systems of these planes are gonna be as accurate as the 3D work these planes are gonna set X-plane on a new level. With respect to all plane makers (freeware and payware) at the moment there is no aircracfts that can compete with MFS payware ones imho and this is a big hold back for many simmers... but it seems things are gonna change soon  ;D

Good job guys

Great news, but it still pains me when two amazing developers are working on the same project (in this case, XPFW).

As someone who works with XPFW, I can tell you the A320 project over there is on hold for various reasons, primarily the fact that XP Jets is tied up in other work.

Additionally, when the A320 from XPFW does get released, it will not have all the programming of systems like the one here. This will allow people to have options to decide how serious they want their simulation experience to be! ;)

Just dropping a line to show my interest in the A320 project  ;)  It will be really nice to finally have some good-looking heavy metal with systems and whatnot in the sim.  I typically prefer light GA aircraft, but on some of those days don't we all just like pretending to be airline pilots??

Yes.. sure!! Right now I am modelling the rear landing gears. All other things are modelled. So that is the only part I need to finish it. Engines all full completed, doors, etc... But this is a 2 people project (most of it of Anton) so, I still don't think is good to put another render.. maybe when finished modelling. Because after that will come 1 or 2 weeks of texture mapping (very funny work  >:( ) haha.. and then we can start seeing the advance in texturing and real colours. That part will be fun to see.

...I can't find any info on it, but will there be an equally detailed 3D pit?

Sure!! When you 'real' pilot a big plane, you never see it externally. Maybe the wing tips. You move on the 3D cockpit and I started on X-Plane because I wanted to see better 3D cockpits.

The same you see on the CRJ-200. Almost the same quality you will see on Airbus 320