Visual C++ Assertion failed

Ahmed Saleh

Hello Ahmed,

I think Pils is correct, it seems to be a problem on your computer that does not run Visual Basic correct - maybe a problem with your Windows installation.

This is the first time I heard this being reported, if it really was a problem on Gizmo´s side or with the 737, more people would have complained about it.

If you file a support ticket with X-Aviation, the staff there may have a better idea what you could do to fix it, we are no computer experts here :(.

All the best, Jan

I believe the issue is actually related more to FPS. Using multiple screens increases fill-rate, so that does jive. This then exposes the bug. We will not be able to have a near term fix for this, but we will have a longer term one.

But yes, you're right. As of now, I've documented this issue with only four customers, so it is quite rare.

Some of the other folks were actually able to "solve" the bug with fresh installs of X-Plane, but I believe what really happened there was the fresh X-Plane install had lower resolution settings entered, which then resulted in some better FPS.

I'd also be curious to know if any of you have VSYNC on, and if so, what happens when it's not?

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

I believe the issue is actually related more to FPS. Using multiple screens increases fill-rate, so that does jive. This then exposes the bug. We will not be able to have a near term fix for this, but we will have a longer term one.

But yes, you're right. For now, I've documented this issue now with only four users.

This is positive Cameron. I have a constant 30-40 fps with my 4090. This bug wasn't existing in XP-11. As a workaround, I press ignore and continue doe mow. I am sure you will get this sorted in the future. 

All the best!