Ver 1.5.1 - Unable to enter either ZFW or GW in FMC

richjb

Greetings all, 

I updated to Ver 1.5.1 yesterday.  First flight, found that I was unable to enter either the ZFW or the GW on the PREF INIT page in the FMC.  When I entered the ZFW or the GW, the INVALID ENTRY appeared in the scratch pad. See attached screen shot:

293449173_IXEGFMC.thumb.JPG.99e8a6048c421e7ea517c4b388b46802.JPG

I thought it might be a corrupt installation, so I uninstalled the program and also deleted the IEXG 737 Classic Folder and its contents that remained after the uninstall.   After the clean re-install, loaded a new flight with a new airplane livery just to make sure.  Same issue. 

Without being able to load the ZFW or GW, I'm not really able to fly the airplane.  We'll could, but it wouldn't be any fun. 

This was not an issue with 1.5.0.  It came up after the update to 1.5.1.  I can revert back if needed. 

Any thoughts on why this is occurring and/or how to fix?

Thanks!

Rich Boll

the fact that you're getting the message at all indicates that things are probably working. 

There is a course a valid range to enter, and the number value you enter is checked against the "units" you have set in your prefs.     I think a preferences file has been going out with the installer....and folks prefs are getting overwritten by the one in the installer.   So first thing, check your preferences to see if you are in "imperial" or "metric" as it were.   If you enter a number thinking you're in one unit, it will come up INVALID as it will be out of range.

If that's the case, sorry for the inconvenience, we obviously need to preserve users PREFS when updating.

-TK

3 hours ago, richjb said:

argh.... I did not even think to check KG v. LBS.  I did not check that.   I'll check it after dinner and see if that fixes the problem.

93.3 KG might be a bit high...ya think!

Thanks!

Rich Boll

I thought of that but it looked like your fuel gauges were in Lbs. Maybe I saw it wrong in the screenshot, a bit too low quality.

5 hours ago, Pils said:

fuel gauges were in Lbs

I am not sure now, but I THINK that the labels on the gauges always read lbs (even though the amount itself switches to kg´s if you select metric), I know it used to be that way and I am not certain if that has been fixed since (not at my computer right now).

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

I am not sure now, but I THINK that the labels on the gauges always read lbs (even though the amount itself switches to kg´s if you select metric), I know it used to be that way and I am not certain if that has been fixed since (not at my computer right now).

Default is KG but on Perf page it doesnt indicate either LBS or KG

12 hours ago, Litjan said:

Don’t want to end up with a Gimli Glider scenario. :)

• Like 1