IXEG 737 Classic Plus CDU Corruption

rafapiloto195

3 minutes ago, bringofuel said:

One more clip of something I noticed. When a window within X-Plane is open, the display draws normally. When the window is closed, the issue returns.

The correlation between window state and display behavior within X-Plane has been a consistent theme across different plugins and add-ons.

Given its frequency and varied occurrences, it may also be beneficial to liaise with Laminar Research to see if they are aware of the underlying issue and if there are any upcoming fixes in future updates.

In the meantime, as a temporary workaround, you might want to keep a small window open, or maybe even pop it out of sight, out of mind. I understand this isn't ideal, but it might help until a more permanent solution is found.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 hour ago, sluflyer06 said:

I've seen the same issue now as well on multiple flights with CDU corruption on either the Left or Right MCDU.

We have not heard back from @Pacifica, we asked him to remove his plugins to test if those have an influence... maybe you can try the same so we can isolate the conflicting plugin and work on a solution?

Thanks, Jan

You guys both have AMD GPU´s, correct? I suppose that your drivers are up to date.

I am not familiar with those, but do you have a utility software that you can set certain things (like anti-aliasing, mipmapping, etc.) on? For Nvidia it is the Nvidia Control Panel. Maybe you have set some special setting there that would affect the OpenGL drawing?

6 minutes ago, Litjan said:

You guys both have AMD GPU´s, correct? I suppose that your drivers are up to date.

I am not familiar with those, but do you have a utility software that you can set certain things (like anti-aliasing, mipmapping, etc.) on? For Nvidia it is the Nvidia Control Panel. Maybe you have set some special setting there that would affect the OpenGL drawing? (yes i do have an amd gpu and guessing the other guy does too i do also have amd cpu)

there is a setting for "openGL triple buffering" should i turn it on? i am in flight right now captain fmc seems fine now but fo is still a little blurred might require a restart if i turn it on now 

Edited by kailum8866

Just now, kailum8866 said:

there is a setting for "openGL triple buffering" should i turn it on? i am in flight right now captain fmc seems fine now but fo is still a little blurred might require a restart if i turn it on now 

so my fo fmc is doing the same thing with overlaping/blurry but captain side atm is fine looks good no blurs 

Hello Jan,
I have now made 2 more flights with the B737/300 and the FMC works perfectly. For me the solution was to switch off Zink.
Hopefully this will help the other affected pilots too.
By deactivating zink I also have fewer frames on my AMD system. On average only about 25.
Best regards

1X-System 24.09.2023 09_27_55.png

Edited by Pacifica
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Thanks for letting us know, @Pacifica! Zink is working as an OpenGL bridge, so it isn´t surprising that it might influence the drawing of cockpit symbology... too bad that turning it off will also make the framerate decrease a lot for AMD users.

I will bring this up with Laminar, maybe they can improve Zink to help with this...

I would not be surprised if its another AMD driver bug. Might need to try a later driver.