IXEG 737 Classic Plus - Releasing Friday, September 15th!

Cameron

One minor thing that may be an X-Plane rendering / material / polygons problem is that when you turn the cabin lights on, the cockpit gets illuminated even with the doors closed. 

Another is the taxi light, which seems too dim from the cockpit. Is it like that in real life?

One more - backlight on some panels too low or non-existent.

Hi again.

I've still got stuttering. I have scoured windows defender and allowed XP12 through the firewall.. Windows defender is switched off. I have a feeling Gizmo is giving me trouble for some reason, Not saying it is the problem but wondering if there is a route issue that Gizmo doesn't like, maybe I overlooked something. It's very strange as it appears no one else seems to have this problem?.. I tend to end up with ridiculous issues and it's usually with cars but it seems to have transferred over to the virtual world now lol.

Vide below shows what's happening, note how after it speeds up then returns to normal. Not how I intend to fly the plane either just for demonstration of the issue I'm getting lol

Edited by Vanadeo

@Vanadeo The taxi lights and turnoff lights in the real aircraft are just as dim. They are not meant to illuminate the taxiway, they are for spotting obstacles and mostly for people seeing you taxi.

The cabin light spilling into the cockpit is a known problem and a side-effect of us using dynamic ("real") lights. It is a limination of X-Plane´s engine, most objects do not cast shadows or block dynamic light, unfortunately. One workaround is to dim the light in the cabin during night flying. We are looking into ways to make the lights go "out" if the camera is inside the cockpit.

Which backlight do you feel too weak?

Landings feel a bit different in XP12, you need to concentrate on not letting the nose drop as you approach the runway, raise it by ca. 3 degrees as you go through 30 feet and leave power on a second longer.

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 1

Hello :) 

A few findings: 

The right FMC does not allow LSK L keys do be used when on the LEGS Page! Thus entering Waypoints or altering the legs page from FO side is impossible. It is also not possible to enter the Position on the init page. 

Right side TERR Display and WX Radar are written as U/S but why? 

Do you plan to implement sunshades by any means? X-Plane 12's sun power and lighting engine sometimes really require some blocking of light. 

Background light of the FMC is missing but I guess it already has been mentioned somewhere. 

Is it possible to use the default TOGA command from X Plane or is there a special one? Didnt find one yet. 

Wipers (already known I guess) dont work and using the command results in a Gizmo error popping up.

Is the X-Plane menu CG the one you enter in the FMC? 

Are there plans to implement a better tablet/EFB with Weight&Balance loading and maybe Simbrief import? 

When trying to alter the descent Speed and its constraints on the DES Page it is not accepting inputs at all. 

Cost Index should also change computed climb and descent speeds but it has no effect.

Entering QNH and Temps on the descent forecast page is not working. 

Will there be an option to import winds or request a METAR? 

When switching to plan mode without the IRS aligned the route should be displayed but it doesnt. 

Engine spool up is maybe too quick!

Rgds PC

Edited by DLH9KA

27 minutes ago, DLH9KA said:

The right FMC does not allow LSK L keys do be used when on the LEGS Page! Thus entering Waypoints or altering the legs page from FO side is impossible. It is also not possible to enter the Position on the init page. 

Right side TERR Display and WX Radar are written as U/S but why? 

Do you plan to implement sunshades by any means? X-Plane 12's sun power and lighting engine sometimes really require some blocking of light. 

Background light of the FMC is missing but I guess it already has been mentioned somewhere. 

Is it possible to use the default TOGA command from X Plane or is there a special one? Didnt find one yet. 

Wipers (already known I guess) dont work and using the command results in a Gizmo error popping up.

Is the X-Plane menu CG the one you enter in the FMC? 

Are there plans to implement a better tablet/EFB with Weight&Balance loading and maybe Simbrief import? 

When trying to alter the descent Speed and its constraints on the DES Page it is not accepting inputs at all. 

Cost Index should also change computed climb and descent speeds but it has no effect.

Entering QNH and Temps on the descent forecast page is not working. 

Will there be an option to import winds or request a METAR? 

When switching to plan mode without the IRS aligned the route should be displayed but it doesnt. 

Some of these are already known and some will/may be implemented in the future.

Some of your observations I can not confirm (LSKs, Econ Index, FMC background light (there is none))

Edited by Litjan

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Is there an updated IXEG 737 Classic Plus installer or a patch fixing the known "bugs" posted in this thread? Or, how to tell a fix has been released?

Pat

This has just being released, I wouldnt be expecting patches day 2. You should get email when update comes which will provide you a link for the update.

50 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Some of these are already known and some will/may be implemented in the future.

Some of your observations I can not confirm (LSKs, Econ Index, FMC background light (there is none))

Right FMC: 

Press POS INIT comes up with a blank page

fmc1.thumb.jpg.484db7753aa4630e2efe9545612b387d.jpgfmc2.thumb.jpg.3ed7532c8e4a32dc2365c6a0828bc3d6.jpg

DES Page: 

fmc3.thumb.JPG.9cf329b4fe0e35bc832ef51be798beae.JPG

entering a restriction does not work as well as changing the taget DES SPD target which should change with the cost index! 

Forecast Page: 

Entry of ISA DEV and QNH does not work 

fmc4.thumb.JPG.76fd8196a0ca0cc97bf7c74c31fe0173.JPG

Hi Jan,
did several flights now, and I have a question regarding the rotation of the aircraft.
Maybe I´ve lost the feeling because the months since XP12 I only flew A320, however the first 1 or 2 seconds when  pulling on the yoke the 737 lifts very easily and fast and when lifted off the ground you instantly have to pull much harder on the yoke to maintain a positive rate of climb. I don´t remember that on XP11, maybe because of XP12 flight physcis?
I´ve set the trim according to the FMC and loaded the aircraft through the XP menu, the figures should be correct. 

6 minutes ago, DaH said:

Hi Jan,
did several flights now, and I have a question regarding the rotation of the aircraft.
Maybe I´ve lost the feeling because the months since XP12 I only flew A320, however the first 1 or 2 seconds when  pulling on the yoke the 737 lifts very easily and fast and when lifted off the ground you instantly have to pull much harder on the yoke to maintain a positive rate of climb. I don´t remember that on XP11, maybe because of XP12 flight physcis?
I´ve set the trim according to the FMC and loaded the aircraft through the XP menu, the figures should be correct. 

I have a very strange behaviour as well with rotation. I have to pull the yoke quite a lot and nothing happens and suddendly it "snaps" airborne and I have to correct a lot by pushing the yoke

• Upvote 1

Just now, DLH9KA said:

I have a very strange behaviour as well with rotation. I have to pull the yoke quite a lot and nothing happens and suddendly it "snaps" airborne and I have to correct a lot by pushing the yoke

Yeah... seems to be the same problem... 

6 minutes ago, DaH said:

however the first 1 or 2 seconds when  pulling on the yoke the 737 lifts very easily and fast and when lifted off the ground you instantly have to pull much harder on the yoke to maintain a positive rate of climb.

Yes, this is due to new physics in X-Plane 12 - they are representing real world effects, but are probably a bit too strong in the case of our 737.

Austin models the downwash of the wings making the air go "down" behind the wings - and if the horizontal stabilizer is in this downwash, it gets more effect (pushes tail down).

So if the plane lifts the nose, the tail moves close to the ground into an area where the air can not "flow down" anymore (because the ground is in the way). It looses effectiveness and the pilot has to "pull more" to make the nose keep going up.

Once the plane is out of the ground effect climbing, this effect gets re-established and you can "relax" the pull a bit.

The real 737 has the same effect: You initiate rotation fairly easily, then the plane "stops" rotating when you reach about 10 degrees and you have to pull MORE to keep the nose going up (recommended is 3 deg per second rotation rate). Once the plane is lifted off and climbs out, you can relax this extra pull. Its almost as if there was a "resistance" to the nose moving up around 10 degrees pitch.

It works the same on landing, the closer you get to the ground, the more you have to "pull" to keep your nose from dropping. This is more pronounced now in XP12 and one has to adjust the technique: When passing 50 feet, make sure to keep nose up at the same pitch! When passing 30 feet, pull nose up by 3 degrees and HOLD IT THERE. At 20 feet, pull power back to idle.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Yes, this is due to new physics in X-Plane 12 - they are representing real world effects, but are probably a bit too strong in the case of our 737.

Austin models the downwash of the wings making the air go "down" behind the wings - and if the horizontal stabilizer is in this downwash, it gets more effect (pushes tail down).

So if the plane lifts the nose, the tail moves close to the ground into an area where the air can not "flow down" anymore (because the ground is in the way). It looses effectiveness and the pilot has to "pull more" to make the nose keep going up.

Once the plane is out of the ground effect climbing, this effect gets re-established and you can "relax" the pull a bit.

The real 737 has the same effect: You initiate rotation fairly easily, then the plane "stops" rotating when you reach about 10 degrees and you have to pull MORE to keep the nose going up (recommended is 3 deg per second rotation rate). Once the plane is lifted off and climbs out, you can relax this extra pull. Its almost as if there was a "resistance" to the nose moving up around 10 degrees pitch.

It works the same on landing, the closer you get to the ground, the more you have to "pull" to keep your nose from dropping. This is more pronounced now in XP12 and one has to adjust the technique: When passing 50 feet, make sure to keep nose up at the same pitch! When passing 30 feet, pull nose up by 3 degrees and HOLD IT THERE. At 20 feet, pull power back to idle.

Thank you Jan! 
I thought that this could be quite realistic, thanks for clarifying! :-)

In regard to that, are there any suggestions to controller sensitivity settings in Xplane12?

Edited by DaH

23 minutes ago, DLH9KA said:

Thr right ND does not cycle through the waypoints when in PLAN mode: 

Yes, this is also known - ever since I became a Captain in 2008 I lost all interest in making the right side more functional :lol:.

Just kidding, of course - we have plans to improve the FO side functionality in the future, not sure if we can get WXR and Terrain working, but at least get the POS INIT, PLAN mode (and also the PLAN mode while IRS not aligned yet) should be possible!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vanadeo said:

Hi again.

I've still got stuttering. I have scoured windows defender and allowed XP12 through the firewall.. Windows defender is switched off. I have a feeling Gizmo is giving me trouble for some reason, Not saying it is the problem but wondering if there is a route issue that Gizmo doesn't like, maybe I overlooked something. It's very strange as it appears no one else seems to have this problem?.. I tend to end up with ridiculous issues and it's usually with cars but it seems to have transferred over to the virtual world now lol.

Vide below shows what's happening, note how after it speeds up then returns to normal. Not how I intend to fly the plane either just for demonstration of the issue I'm getting lol

What does plugin admin look like? And do you have MSI afterburner? That helps to see the nature of the stuttering.