FSEconomy XFSE client: "Cancelling flight: Airborne refuelling detected" during normal (long) flight

rajo

the author (daemotron) of FSE / XFSE says: This is a bug in the Challenger, not XFSE. The check resulting in the error message about airborne refueling does not use any position or time related information, it simply compares the fuel on board NOW to the fuel on board stored a second ago. You're not the first to report this error message with the Challenger; the root cause must be that under certain circumstances, the fuel on board data ref (sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel) is not reliably updated by HotStart. Therefore, I kindly ask you to file a bug report with them. Nothing I can do about my end, and I doubt it has anything to do with the date line (though this hint might help them sort out their stuff).

On 3/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, Pils said:

Please capture the value of this dataref over time during one of these “upsets”.

If I do this, how likely is it that Hotstart will fix this with an update? For now have no desire for longer flights with the CL-650. Are these rounding errors?

Edited by rajo

Request a feature in fse where you can set an allowable percentage of fuel value tolerance. 

If people set a stupid percentage then they're cheating themselves. 

Alternatively the author of fse could set a Max percentage to 5-10% so that people don't set something stupid like 80%.

Then the entire issue with custom systems and fuel flow goes away for every product now and into the future.