TBM 900 Compatibility with X-Plane 12

Thunderbolt

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, Muddie2202 said:

Can some one please provide an update as to when the TBM will be available for Xplane 12

I can certainly appreciate your anticipation and eagerness for the update. Currently, we're working diligently on adapting to the intricacies introduced by X-Plane 12, especially due to its major changes affecting our unique turbine engine model.

While I'd love to give you a specific timeline, we're diving deep into a comprehensive re-write on multiple levels to ensure the best possible experience for our users. Therefore, it's difficult to pinpoint a release date. All I can assure you is that we're committed to getting it right, rather than rushing it. Quality takes time.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. It'll definitely be worth the wait.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I purchased X-Plane 12 yeasterday. I'd love to say that it "blew me away", but the reality was that I was pretty disappointed; without my beloved TBM900 (the only airfraft I fly in the sim), X-Plane 12 is like a brain-dead patient in a hospital ... it's "there", but at the same time "all that I knew, loved, and remembered has gone". I took the 172 on a flight ... boring. I took the Citation on a flight ... even more boring. All I want is a TBM 900. As such I'll again be continuing on with XP-11 and the TBM 900 until we get the update.

@Cameron& @Goran_M I appreciate that you good folks respond far more kindly to "carrots" than "sticks", and I know it involves more than just a "bit" of work (especially with the engine as you've previously mentioned), and I know that you're also busy with other things (like the Challenger) but even with all of that it's still my beflief that the wait for something like this should be measured in "a few months"; as it stands, it's looking more and more like the wait will be measured in "at least several years".

I can't speak for others, but I would be more than happy to pay full price again (or even more) if it means I was able to get it up and running under X-Plane 12 in a more timely manner. If a gofundme page was setup to finance the new version being made a priority I'd happily donante a not inconsequential amount.

I'm getting desperate here - and I suspect tht I'm not the only one.

• Like 1

@CJSouthernWe can appreciate the eagerness in getting the TBM into XP12 ASAP, but even if some kind of gofundme was started, it wouldn't make things progress any faster.  We get these kinds of comments in our discord, as well.  There are some elements of the TBM update, that are not in the XP11 version of the update, that are taking up the bulk of the time needed to get things done right.  What I can tell you is that a lot of progress has been made.  A big part of the update, libturbine, is still in the works.  

40 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

@CJSouthernWe can appreciate the eagerness in getting the TBM into XP12 ASAP, but even if some kind of gofundme was started, it wouldn't make things progress any faster.  We get these kinds of comments in our discord, as well.  There are some elements of the TBM update, that are not in the XP11 version of the update, that are taking up the bulk of the time needed to get things done right.  What I can tell you is that a lot of progress has been made.  A big part of the update, libturbine, is still in the works.  

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed that you'll be able to get everything done that you need to sometime this year.

• Like 1

Not to be rude, but X-Plane 12 has been out for over a year now, and devs had access to the SDK even longer than that. Is there any ballpark ETA? Is it weeks? Months? Next Year? 

X-Plane 12 runs so much better on my PC and I miss the TBM! I'm starting to get withdrawal shakes :wacko:

Its my favorite plane to fly!!:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottP01 said:

Same. I've tried several of the others and they just don't come even close to the pleasure it provides. In a moment of weakness I even reinstalled MSFS2020 hoping to find something better (and ended up uninstalling it, again, less than a day later; that simulator ie "game" just isn't for me). The only thing I would enjoy more would be a TBM 960 (having auto-throttle would be perfection).

For me, having tried the generic VisionJet, C172, and F14, XP12 now sits unused whilst I continue on with XP11 and the TBM900 ... and continue waiting & hoping (in equal proportions).

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 8:01 AM, ScottP01 said:

Not to be rude, but X-Plane 12 has been out for over a year now, and devs had access to the SDK even longer than that. Is there any ballpark ETA? Is it weeks? Months? Next Year? 

X-Plane 12 runs so much better on my PC and I miss the TBM! I'm starting to get withdrawal shakes :wacko:

The bulk of that time was spent on the CL650 update, as there was quite a bit to take care of.  As there's only 2 of us, we have to prioritize the work according to various factors.  Is there an ETA?  Not one that we can safely stick to.  We loosely planned to push out the last update for the CL650 within 2 years of release.  That deadline passed 3 months ago.  We're putting in the hours to get both the TBM and CL650 done as soon as we can, as we want to move on to the next project.  All I ca n promise is we aren't going anywhere, and we're working to get everything done.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goran_M said:

we want to move on to the next project.

I'd pay serious money for a study-level Piaggio Avanti EVO; With your experience in existing multi prop turbines this could be right up your ally? One of the few passenger turboprop aircraft faster than a TBM.

Edited by CJSouthern