X-Plane 10 default 747 by Javier Rollon interior shots WOW

Jim Kallinen

I understand the difficulty in programming systems simulation. But I still believe that having a 747 that flies and operates as close to the real thing as possible is more important in a flight simulator that including passenger seats and toilets.

This is a sentiment I can get behind. I do, however, think that a simulation level 747 is more appropriate for an add-on product than for a default aircraft. A nice set of basic default aircraft was something I was looking forward to in XP10, and while there are not as many as say in the MSFS franchise, I do appreciate the big step forward taken by Laminar through the efforts of people like Javier. There is room for improvement, as you have pointed out, but this is a good deal greater than the last version. Which doesn't preclude criticism of course, but darn if these forums don't fill up quickly with that.

Yeah, we were given planes with 3D cockpits and switches to flip and flight models and stuff. Excellent! Then why do I feel, like if they have promised me a car and after downloading the demo, I found this: http://ifotos.pl/img/raehrp.jpg

Well, it is a car, afterall... Honestly I had no hopes for a Lamborghini, but a nice Peugeot would do.

I'm pleased with flight model improvements and additional features in Plane Maker, as they will allow me to make my own default planes, for the time being.

I fail to see how I'm spoiling your fun. Coming into your house and taking away your computer would be spoiling your fun. Complaining about a virtual airplane on an online message board should not be spoiling your fun.

I didn't mean it that way, I mean that your posting kind of creates a negative aura about the whole thing.

Are you saying that I can't complain unless it's the majority opinion?

Not at all, but your complaints and arguments mean less when more people disagree.

Yes, this is the default plane. It's the face of X-Plane as the simulator makes a huge leap forward. Being the default plane is no small task, see? Yes, I suppose the hump is a minor "fault". But you have to remember that this is the 747, arguably one of the most recognizable aircraft ever, along with the Concorde. Why is it so recognizable? Because of the hump. Besides that, it still blows my mind that we start messing up things now that we've had right for years.

Obviously the hump is what makes the 747 such an icon. The thing is, the fault with the hump is soooo tiny, it still looks like an ordinary 747-400.

I don't believe I ever complained about XP10, though I certainly could in its current state.

Why would you?

As do I. Javier is obviously one of the best out there right now and I respect his work. What I don't get is why a basic 3D modeling error wasn't corrected months ago when it was first noted.

This I can't answer. Maybe Javier thought it looked right, since the difference is quite small?

Anyway, just trying to clear things up! ;)

I didn't mean it that way, I mean that your posting kind of creates a negative aura about the whole thing.

Ahahaha. If my little rant about the 747 gives XP10 a "negative aura" in your mind, than so be it.

Not at all, but your complaints and arguments mean less when more people disagree.

People with that outlook on things is one reasons why we have so many problems in this world.

Obviously the hump is what makes the 747 such an icon. The thing is, the fault with the hump is soooo tiny, it still looks like an ordinary 747-400.

Of course to the average joe it does, but to the real airliner aficionado it's easily noticed.

Why would you?

Another debate for a another time… other people around the forums have already covered most of it. Haven't you noticed?

This I can't answer. Maybe Javier thought it looked right, since the difference is quite small?

I couldn't blame anyone for making this mistake… but like I said, when the mistake is mentioned, especially with the specificity and proof that this one has been, and multiple times, it just doesn't make sense for it not to be fixed.

Edited by Kaphias
  • Upvote 1

I think it does make sense for it not to be fixed. Javier is a busy person. He has to churn out consumer-grade default planes on a deadline, support his planes already on the market, and deal with people like you. While his decision not to go back and fix the hump so that the 1% of people who will both notice it and actually buy the sim will be satisfied may not make sense to that 1%, to the rest of the market it makes more sense to concentrate on things that they actually feel are relevant, such as optimization, better weather, better ATC, and better autogen.

Basically what I'm saying is that nobody cares. I see the difference in the humps, yet I don't care. Why not? Because the default 747 runs at 12 FPS for me with rendering options set to the bare minimum. Would I like to see the hump fixed? You bet. Am I going to care? No, because as it stands I can't even run the damn thing on my computer. The hump is not a deal breaker for most people. When you consider the fact that Leading Edge will be releasing a state-of-the-art 747-400 within the next year or so that will more than adequately satisfy the needs of even the most rabid rivet counter, the issue at hand becomes even more irrelevant and ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

I continue to find it amusing that one can put all this effort into the interior and 3D cockpits but fail to get a basic exterior feature correct.

the topic is "X-Plane 10 default 747 by Javier Rollon interior shots WOW"

let us enjoy the pictures in 1080p and share our joy for this topic.

Opens another topic about exterior shape.

did you conctact Javier or Laminar ? or why you don't post in the "Rant" of this great forum.

thank you Jim for the pictures.

Ok the interior is beautiful, the carpets and chairs are new, but the painting of the instrument panel and the screws are old.

I'd like to fly with this aircraft but the maintenance don't look serious. It's too dangerous ....

and toilets are not so clean!!!.... :P

I think it does make sense for it not to be fixed. Javier is a busy person. He has to churn out consumer-grade default planes on a deadline, support his planes already on the market, and deal with people like you. While his decision not to go back and fix the hump so that the 1% of people who will both notice it and actually buy the sim will be satisfied may not make sense to that 1%, to the rest of the market it makes more sense to concentrate on things that they actually feel are relevant, such as optimization, better weather, better ATC, and better autogen.

All part of being in the minority. Thanks for the polite reminder. :)

When you consider the fact that Leading Edge will be releasing a state-of-the-art 747-400 within the next year or so that will more than adequately satisfy the needs of even the most rabid rivet counter, the issue at hand becomes even more irrelevant and ridiculous.

What's to say that it won't look the same? No one cares, right? Fudge this a little, shrink that a little… eh whatever. If I'll only lose 1% of my potential customers by not taking the time to fix this mistake, that's ok.

How far will we take it?

the topic is"X-Plane 10 default 747 by Javier Rollon interior shots WOW"

let us enjoy the pictures in 1080p and share our joy for this topic.

Opens another topic about exterior shape.

did you conctact Javier or Laminar ? or why you don't post in the "Rant" of this great forum.

I'm sorry for taking over this topic. I hope that I haven't killed your joy over the 747. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you go back and read my first post in this topic, you'll see how the following discussion relates.

• Upvote 1

Normally I stay neutral on issues like this, but after grabbing the update and taking a look at the paintkit for the 747, I now have a reason to openly agree with Kaphias. This tail mapping is even harder to repaint than the CRJ as it is broken into 3 pieces this time, instead of just 2.

Where's the cheat-sheet layer you used to make that United livery look so excellent?

[/rant]

Edited by namaui

All part of being in the minority. Thanks for the polite reminder. :)

What's to say that it won't look the same? No one cares, right? Fudge this a little, shrink that a little… eh whatever. If I'll only lose 1% of my potential customers by not taking the time to fix this mistake, that's ok.

How far will we take it?

I'm sorry for taking over this topic. I hope that I haven't killed your joy over the 747. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you go back and read my first post in this topic, you'll see how the following discussion relates.

I too, don't say much on the forums, but I have to agree with Kaphias on this issue. The "hump" is the wrong shape... And, who cares about passenger seats or a toilet instead of a correctly modeled exterior of the plane? I would much rather see a correctly modeled exterior than passenger seats.

Edited by Cat

I too, don't say much on the forums, but I have to agree with Kaphias on this issue. The "hump" is the wrong shape... And, who cares about passenger seats or a toilet instead of a correctly modeled exterior of the plane? I would much rather see a correctly modeled exterior than passenger seats.

I agree with you there, but I don't think the hump is that out of shape to be a major issue.

Looks like we're on the same page then, huh? :)

• Upvote 1