Challenger 300 released!

FlorianR

Ddenn´s Challenger 300 has now been released on the .org. Looks like a fantastic model with meticulous details, but I´m a little worried about the FPS you´ll get with it. Also, .org customer support is atrocious. Any thoughts and first impressions?

Cheers  ;)

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=290

ps. Cameron, any chance of seeing this plane at X-Aviation?

I got it! Looks like a blast to fly...

Great, it really does look fun! What are your system specs and fps?

I'm visiting family rigt now, wo I'm on my old MacBook Pro. When I get back to the house, I'll give her a go and let you know. I was told FPS is simikar to the SSJ, and maybe a little better...

I am interesting in buy your airplane, but i am a home cockpit builder and i want an aircraft with fully functions simulated and capable to give its datarefs to read and write and a way to manipulate original panel to create how planes is necessary to simulate the instruments in another computers as cockpit instruments.

Can i buy and do my home cockpit and write my hardware scripts based in IOCP protocol (Homecockpits)?

X-Plane.org dubbed it as the "Captain Edition". Sounds familiar....   ;D  Take Command??

X-Aviation: "Want to feel like a real captain? Take Command!"

X-Plane.org: "With this version, you are the Captain!"

I'm happy its X-Aviation taking the lead though, not the one playing copy-cat.

Anyway, amazing airplane! Yet another keeping the bar high for X-Plane!

X-Plane.org dubbed it as the "Captain Edition". Sounds familiar....   ;D  Take Command??

Imitation is the finest form of flattery.

;)

Imitation is the finest form of flattery.

;)

I didn't pick that up at first.  ;D Still a nice plane though. There wasn't any need to copy the "Take Command" series.

Doesn't really sound similar at all.  Sounds a bit more like the CaptainSim ProLine series of planes for FS2004 and FSX: 727 Captain, 707 Captain, 767 Captain etc.

But does it really matter?  Seriously?

We were contacted by Denis to do a preview with his Beta, then wham it was released! Good job Chip is pretty quick, he seems very impressed:

link

I'll be trying her soon.

You making a video!

Yep, but got bogged down with g2xpl, so wont be ready till the weekend. The interior is pretty special, and I like the camera presets (i would, wouldn't I !)

Doesn't really sound similar at all.

He was referring to a "similar marketing action".  That is the using of an adjective to describe a line of products. It is a very valid observation that x-plane.org did this right after x-aviation did it, but you are also right in that it doesn't matter as far as DDen's 300 is concerned.    If we want to discuss or debate such things, then please move those topics to another appropriate forum and keep this one about Dennis' 300.

I am favorably impressed with the "environmental extras", those small things that while not critical to a simulation improve the user experience.  The menu of extras includes various preset views (making it easy to pop back into the luxury cabin!), a pre-flight walk around, animations menu, fast start, etc.

Can't comment on flight dynamics or fps in weather situations as I have yet to take it up for a whirl.  Looking forward to it though!

I was lucky enough to do some beta testing on this aircraft, and haven't flown anything else since getting the first beta... Denis reminds me of Nils in his ability to put together a package that includes great 3D modelling, textures, flight model, innovative features AND optimisation. And like Nils he doesn't seem to get as much attention as some other developers, nothing like as much as his work deserves.

I do wish people would spend less energy on the Org/X-Aviation politics & more on the aircraft artists like Denis put so much work into...

I do wish people would spend less energy on the Org/X-Aviation politics & more on the aircraft artists like Denis put so much work into...

+1

Perhaps you could convince Nicolas instead of telling us.

As far as I can see, Nicolas hasn't posted any of that nonsense in this Challenger 300 thread. Others have - my comment is for them, obviously.  :;)

On topic: One of the features I love on this aircraft is the preflight walk-around, I hope more developers will adopt that. Also, clicking on the MFD enlarges it to fill the screen, including the glare shield controls, really helpful in a 3D 'pit.

Looking at the screenshots, it is definitely one of the better offerings at the org store.

But I have to question the preflight walkaround "extra" you mentioned.  I don't really understand the point of a walkaround on a virtual aircraft that doesn't have a random load/aircraft state module.  Everything works right off the bat, so why have a virtual walkaround looking for problems that don't exist?

In no way am I criticising this product.  I'm tempted to get it myself (I haven't flown in x plane except to test my own stuff so that is making me 2nd guess the purchase), it's just that, for me, the virtual walkaround seems a bit pointless on an add on that has nothing wrong with the exterior.  I would have much rather wanted to see at least a somewhat rudimentary FMC, instead of the default.

The walkaround feature is more or less part of the pre-flight prep in which you remove pitot/static and engine covers. I didn't think I'd still like doing it after the first few flights, but there is something fun about walking around and seeing the details of the aircraft and livery you are going to fly.

And all in all, it takes maybe 10 seconds if you just want to rush through it and get back to the cockpit.