Consistent crash EGLC - EHRD, appr 30 mins in

JvS68

Hi team,

When flying the LES S340, X-plane consistently crashes enroute from EGLC - EHRD appr 20-30 mins into the flight.  The Saab is the only plane this happens in, for instance in the Carenado F50 I can fly the same route without a problem.

The screen freezes, sound keeps going but nothing I can do but force-quit X-plane. I attached the log file though there's not much to see I'm afraid. Also attached the flight plan .fms.

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers, Johan

Log.txt EGLCEHRD01.fms

It looks like your scenery is corrupted by looking at your log file.  Take a look at the last section, particularly the second last line.  I'm guessing the crash only happens while in this area. 

Not sure if it's the same issue, but we're in contact with Laminar about a possible scenery issue with some default airports.  

3 hours ago, JvS68 said:

Hi team,

When flying the LES S340, X-plane consistently crashes enroute from EGLC - EHRD appr 20-30 mins into the flight.  The Saab is the only plane this happens in, for instance in the Carenado F50 I can fly the same route without a problem.

The screen freezes, sound keeps going but nothing I can do but force-quit X-plane. I attached the log file though there's not much to see I'm afraid. Also attached the flight plan .fms.

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers, Johan

Log.txt 200.27 kB · 1 download EGLCEHRD01.fms 284 B · 0 downloads

Johan,

I have the same exact problem you are facing (with the same timing as well) - and the same exact last line in my Log.txt file as you have in yours. Different route (EBBR to EGBB).

I thought it was a scenery issue - good to hear it might be something with the LES Saab 340 - I thought I was going crazy!

John

Log.txt

Edited by jgniewkowski

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

It looks like your scenery is corrupted by looking at your log file.  Take a look at the last section, particularly the second last line.  I'm guessing the crash only happens while in this area. 

Not sure if it's the same issue, but we're in contact with Laminar about a possible scenery issue with some default airports.  

Goran - I'm planning on flying a flight in the US tomorrow morning to see if this happens again, will let you know.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, Goran_M said:

Hi Goran, 

That is what I thought as well but those road-network messages are very common with Simheaven X-Europe and they don't cause any problems with other planes (I consider them more as 'pls be aware' messages :-)). But perhaps they trigger something in the Saab.

BTW if I take the same route the other way around (EHRD - EGLC) it also crashes after 20-30 mins.

Happy to give it a try without X-Europe and see what happens. Or if I can help in any other way pls. let me know, no dump files are created but if you have a debug setting you want me to activate no problem. 

Best regards,

Johan

On 3/4/2021 at 2:38 AM, jgniewkowski said:

Johan,

I have the same exact problem you are facing (with the same timing as well) - and the same exact last line in my Log.txt file as you have in yours. Different route (EBBR to EGBB).

I thought it was a scenery issue - good to hear it might be something with the LES Saab 340 - I thought I was going crazy!

John

Log.txt 210.32 kB · 3 downloads

Interesting, I see you are not using Simheaven's X-Europe so that sort of invalidates my reply to Goran just now.

Edit: And what is even more intersting is that your route is very close to my route, so maybe it has to do with that particular area of the scenery. You use default X-plane scenery?

Johan

Edited by JvS68

35 minutes ago, JvS68 said:

Interesting, I see you are not using Simheaven's X-Europe so that sort of invalidates my reply to Goran just now.

Edit: And what is even more intersting is that your route is very close to my route, so maybe it has to do with that particular area of the scenery. You use default X-plane scenery?

Johan

Yes, all default there. I did have Globalforests installed which I suspected to be a problem, but ran without it installed and had the same issue. Must be some sort of 'Devil's Triangle' going on there that only affects the Saab!!! Although how default scenery can cause an aircraft to crash the sim must be something!!!

John

16 minutes ago, jgniewkowski said:

Yes, all default there. I did have Globalforests installed which I suspected to be a problem, but ran without it installed and had the same issue. Must be some sort of 'Devil's Triangle' going on there that only affects the Saab!!! Although how default scenery can cause an aircraft to crash the sim must be something!!!

John

Devil's triangle...or maybe Brexit has something to do with it. We haven't paid our duties to cross the channel perhaps :-).

Anyway hope they find the culptrit.

Johan

• 4 weeks later...