Jump to content

[SOLVED] Frames in cockpit


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, niftyguy239 said:

After having both V4 and V5.  I am getting much better frame rates (after disabling XPR2) and the clouds look soooooo much better.  Thank you.  Only downfall is XPR2 is a must for my airliners.  I hope it gets solved.  Thank you again.

 

We have a good idea of what is causing the problem with XPRealistic. (Warning: technical developer stuff follows!)

Internally we check the following datarefs from X-Plane to identify different monitors you might have in a multi-monitor setup (oddly there is no dataref that tells us which monitor is being drawn, so we have to guess):

sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_vertical_deg
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_horizontal_deg
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_roll_deg
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_horizontal_ratio
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_vertical_ratio

XPRealistic appears to be changing one or more of these values every frame, to simulate motion and shaking. As a result, we think we're being thrown a new monitor to render to every frame, causing us to allocate resources for that new monitor, which quickly causes memory use to go through the roof.

For now, disabling features in XPRealistic that may affect these datarefs (such as natural motion and ground shaking) should work around the issue. You'll need to restart X-Plane after disabling them for it to help.

I would expect other "head shake" plugins might have similar issues.

I'm not sure how to resolve this without giving up multi-monitor compatibility in SkyMaxx Pro, but we're working with the XPRealistic developer to come up with something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an issue.......new one.   I have to leave my beloved SMP 4 behind!   The new update fixed all issues with my system...can fly with my plugins and am enjoying great cloud work!

I unticked "Natural movements" and "Ground Shakings" in XP realistic v2, and now both plugins work correctly together

Well now....I've got my 40+ FPS back with SMP5.  Still struggle with the dark clouds but I'll figure that one out.  Thanks for the quick update !!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sundog said:

We have a good idea of what is causing the problem with XPRealistic. (Warning: technical developer stuff follows!)

Internally we check the following datarefs from X-Plane to identify different monitors you might have in a multi-monitor setup (oddly there is no dataref that tells us which monitor is being drawn, so we have to guess):

sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_vertical_deg
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_horizontal_deg
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_roll_deg
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_horizontal_ratio
sim/graphics/view/field_of_view_vertical_ratio

XPRealistic appears to be changing one or more of these values every frame, to simulate motion and shaking. As a result, we think we're being thrown a new monitor to render to every frame, causing us to allocate resources for that new monitor, which quickly causes memory use to go through the roof.

For now, disabling features in XPRealistic that may affect these datarefs (such as natural motion and ground shaking) should work around the issue. You'll need to restart X-Plane after disabling them for it to help.

I would expect other "head shake" plugins might have similar issues.

I'm not sure how to resolve this without giving up multi-monitor compatibility in SkyMaxx Pro, but we're working with the XPRealistic developer to come up with something.

I'm glad you guys are able to pin this down! I know you'll think of something and can't wait for a patch. Just take your time and look forward to it.

Small request, please ping an email out when a patch has been made :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed SkyMaxx 5 to a vanilla install of X-Plane and sad to say it's not exactly what I was expecting. Massive FPS loss as in 50% loss. At one point I flew into a bunch of volumetric clouds at 6 FPS yes that's 6.

I had issues with SkyMaxx 5 in my X-Plane install that has lots of extra scenery etc that seemed to clear up only to return within minutes.

For myself at least SkyMaxx 5 is unusable at the moment.

Even if I turn off the volumetric clouds performance is an issue, it's basically the same as V4 in respect of having to turn down the cloud coverage in order to get decent FPS, for a VR flyer FPS is king.

XPRealistic appears to not be an issue for me personally as with that installed or not it makes no difference to the FPS.

My PC is no under powered machine either, i9 10900K @ 5.1Ghz and an RTX 3080.

I will keep an eye on any progress that is made with SkyMaxx for sure though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RobH said:

I installed SkyMaxx 5 to a vanilla install of X-Plane and sad to say it's not exactly what I was expecting. Massive FPS loss as in 50% loss. At one point I flew into a bunch of volumetric clouds at 6 FPS yes that's 6.

I had issues with SkyMaxx 5 in my X-Plane install that has lots of extra scenery etc that seemed to clear up only to return within minutes.

For myself at least SkyMaxx 5 is unusable at the moment.

Even if I turn off the volumetric clouds performance is an issue, it's basically the same as V4 in respect of having to turn down the cloud coverage in order to get decent FPS, for a VR flyer FPS is king.

XPRealistic appears to not be an issue for me personally as with that installed or not it makes no difference to the FPS.

My PC is no under powered machine either, i9 10900K @ 5.1Ghz and an RTX 3080.

I will keep an eye on any progress that is made with SkyMaxx for sure though.

 

Welcome to my trench ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kai Uwe Pel said:

Just installed the update/patch v5.0.1, and all seems ok now. Thanks for your quick action to solve this issue!

Now I am enjoying the new features !

Great to hear! Thanks for your patience today!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

My first guess is some kind of artifact to cloud shadows. Are these turned on in your SkyMaxx Pro config window? Can you turn them off and see what happens?

This looks like a known issue in 5.0.1 that will happen after resizing your window. Running X-Plane in full screen mode should work around it, but we do have a fix built and ready to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Restarted X-plane and now they are gone..... Also loaded a script in X-vision, restarted X-plane without X-vision but somehow can't reproduce the mirroring effect anymore.

Btw is Skymaxx Pro compatible with X-vision (latest 2.00)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RH1972 said:

Btw is Skymaxx Pro compatible with X-vision (latest 2.00)?

I am using it, so far no problems. I use the Impressive preset, just didn't install the skycolour/cloud replacement textures, and disabled the cloud related shaders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I use skymaxx for the first time and it gives me a frame drop from 50 to 20 once I switch to the outside view. Inside the cockpit it is far better. The drop comes from the clouds. If I switch the view to the clouds the framedrop happens.

With the default clouds or similary clouds I have no issues.

PC: I7700K, GF1080ti, 32GB ram, 4K Solution 

Any idea what could be wrong?

 

Thanks,

Holger

 

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Holger,

My GUESS is a 1080ti with a 4k monitor. This video card isn't the best for this resolution, as you're already pushing things pretty hard without add-ons.

That said, let's take a look at things.

Can you post:

1. A screenshot of your FPS bar from X-Plane when the FPS are lowered.

2. A screenshot of you X-Plane rendering settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your fast reply!

So far my card worked very well in 4K Settings (use it for a few years alreday) also in P3D an MSFS with 3D Clouds. XP11 is running very smooth with it, also on complexe airports.

 

Will post the screens later on when I´m back on my gaming pc.

Best regards,

Holger 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cameron changed the title to [SOLVED] Frames in cockpit

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...