Sunday Morn

Ben Russell

looks more like a dolphin than a shark...

Dolphins have h-stabs, sharks have LONG drawn out v-stabs.

gnarls_Man%20In%20the%20Gray%20Suit.jpg

In any case, you've got no chance of out-running either one.

I've had a grey-nurse shark turn 180 degrees in front of me and felt the crack from it's tail through the water.

45M2645-01-grey-nurse-shark.jpg

For their size, their agility is incredible to witness.

Yep, Ive had some ear experiences with skarks as well... Nothing like surfing 100 feet of the beach and seeing a 5th shark swimming around  ;D Saw a 6 foot sting ray jump out of the water in front of me aswell...

No sharks here, but I did end up take a nice long "siesta" once when the barracuda started showing up.

• 2 weeks later...

Life's a "beach" sometimes, eh?

Don't feel bad, I woke up at 4am and sat outside for 8 hours to see the Space Shuttle launch, only to have it scrubbed for the day...  Now THAT'S lamesauce!

Come one now. We Floridians (even if you're here only for school) should know better. ;)

Life's a "beach" sometimes, eh?

Don't feel bad, I woke up at 4am and sat outside for 8 hours to see the Space Shuttle launch, only to have it scrubbed for the day...  Now THAT'S lamesauce!

Come one now. We Floridians (even if you're here only for school) should know better. ;)

Ah yea, I remember the countless times going to Kennedy and having to drive the 3 hours back home without even seeing the launch of the Shuttle!

Ha, set my alarm for 5am here to watch the launch on NASA tv, but missed the alarm, and was relieved that it had been scrubbed! Sorry:-)

But I saw Obama's airforce one take off, one pissed off president I'm sure. All that expense and carbon emissions for nothing. How many people were on his plane, 20 or so? He would get a CRJ, reduce his carbon footprint himself!

I'd kill to see (and hear/feel) a live launch though. Me jealous, in the off-tornado and off-hurricane season at least!

Ah, for once I find myself to live in a sane timezone, with regards to Shuttle launch :)

Yeah Ben, it seems reasonable. Well any time is ok for these being the last 2 missions of the shuttle. I watched the first few live for hrs I remember, so we should farewell them honorably. More interesting than the Tubes that will replace it, at least in the short term.