Air Hauler for x-plane

Kesomir

Quoted from my JustFlight newsletters:

AIR HAULER FOR X-PLANE 9

X-Plane PC pilots will soon be able to join the worldwide Air Hauler community!

The amazing air freight management and flying simulation that spawned a huge (and very competitive!) worldwide community will be available on the 25th March in a new version developed specifically for X-Plane 9 PC users.

Air Hauler for X-Plane 9 will be released by Download and is now available to pre-order now at the discounted price of £18.35 / €22.45 / $27.55, with a pre-order bonus of 300 Just Rewards points. On the release date the price will revert to the usual £20.40 / €25.50 / $30.65.

We're sure the AirHaulic community will extend a very warm welcome to all new freight flyers!

Air Hauler for X-Plane 9 PC

But not for Mac... Lame. *Yawn*

You pays your money and takes your choice. I own macbook (typing on now) and a 2010 imac, but I sim on an i7 pc (+dell laptop) built for the purpose. Flight simulation is an expensive hobby, but my PC is a small outlay for a solid return in gaming performance.

It would be wonderful to have all the MSFS app converts working cross-playform, but in the real world I don't see a .net application being rewritten to work on mac and linux to just dip toes in the x-plane water. The smaller changes to support x-plane on the pc now is still a good thing for x-plane as a whole and could later on lead to a decision to write cross platform in the future.

what the hell is air hauler?

;)

cool i guess

Air hauler is a utility like cargo pilot where you set up and manage a  cargo company. You buy or lease planes, hire AI pilots in addition to yourself and fly cargo runs to improve your company reputation and money to allow you to expand your 'company' and routes.

It loads the planes etc and auto records flights.

A tool for adding some purpose to flying as virtual airlines and other tools like fspassengers do.

I know about mono, I just don't see it happening - most windows devs don't own a mac and very few would bother with linux's market share.

Perhaps I'll be surprised and next week a mac version will be announced, but I think it unlikely; at least at the moment as most of these products are possible because of XPUIPC (the site does mention the use of FSUIPC for the MSFS version, but I make no claims regarding the x-plane version - it may well be custom plugin based).

Perhaps if the PC version does ok, they may think about it. However, as I sim on PC and get to play with all the candy - it's a fight for someone else to take up, perhaps by petitioning the devs/publisher to take a look at the mac x-plane market. Look at REX and how easy that should be to port, it's only a wrapper for cloud textures.

I love announcements like this and the Aerosoft one because they indicate the opportunity to get more toys for my favourite sim.

;D hmpf...

Just join us at ZonExecutive

We also have financial evaluative and summary graphs and charts here

We are cross-platform :) completely free :) also operate freight. and for those that want control, we got a nice little system where pilots can add schedules to our databases and organize events and missions without asking. so as a pilot, you contribute the managing the airline :)

then again... Air Hauler might sound fancier

Going to go off-topic here  :) and say that I absolutely loved AirHauler for FSX.  Queue the shocked gasps ... but it puts a little game back into my simulation.  One that I'm entirely in control of, which taps into ones creative tendencies.  I spent a lot of time doing repaints for Air Gondwana, my freight company in Papau New Guinea!

Alright, back to discussing Macs.  ::yawn::

Well...

I ordered my copy and I'm really looking forward to it. FSE is OK, but with AH I can fly when I want (even save a flight midair) and I don't have to be online to do it if I don't to. It also allows you to have more than one company and fly different planes unlike FSE.

As they say "to each his own".

It's also nice to see more vendors coming over.

Now if I could only sell ALL the add-ons I have purchased for MSFS!

Well...

I ordered my copy and I'm really looking forward to it. FSE is OK, but with AH I can fly when I want (even save a flight midair) and I don't have to be online to do it if I don't to. It also allows you to have more than one company and fly different planes unlike FSE.

As they say "to each his own".

It's also nice to see more vendors coming over.

Now if I could only sell ALL the add-ons I have purchased for MSFS!

You can have as many companies, fly for as many as you want. But like you said, to each his own...