Work in Progress Renders

Most excellent! I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to this! I have one question though, not that it really matters but, will you be using a plugin based sound engine (Eg. Dream engine), or will you be using x-plane's default sound engine? Just curious. ;)

I don't think Goran even has the default sounds! The Sundowner doesn't have the generic sounds and neither does the Duchess so I think we can rest assured the sounds for the Saab will be of equal, if not better, quality.

I think you have misunderstood me. I wasn't asking if he was using the x-plane default SOUNDS, I was asking if he is using the x-plane default SOUND ENGINE. I hope that clears things up. And the duchess does, in fact have the x-plane default sounds, AND sound engine.

Hello Steven

The Duchess use default X-Plane piston sounds for sure, look at my threads :

I also agree, I'm a beta tester of incoming DreamFoil R-22, that use his own plugin, the dream engine, used by the R22, as well as the 206.

It's very immersive, the sound are managed by a physical engine, it react almost like the real life, blade slap happen when it should, sound are 3d spacialized ( exemple, tail rotor sound better heard around the tail rotor etc.. )

In my opinion, a legendary aircraft such the DC-3 really should benefits serious sounds ! Varios sounds for starter, ignition, first explosion, different RPM, shutdown etc.. but not only high quality like in FSX, high quality sounds that sounds like what we see..

• Upvote 1

Hello Steven

The Duchess use default X-Plane piston sounds for sure, look at my threads :

http://forums.x-pilo...7428#entry27428

I also agree, I'm a beta tester of incoming DreamFoil R-22, that use his own plugin, the dream engine, used by the R22, as well as the 206.

It's very immersive, the sound are managed by a physical engine, it react almost like the real life, blade slap happen when it should, sound are 3d spacialized ( exemple, tail rotor sound better heard around the tail rotor etc.. )

In my opinion, a legendary aircraft such the DC-3 really should benefits serious sounds ! Varios sounds for starter, ignition, first explosion, different RPM, shutdown etc.. but not only high quality like in FSX, high quality sounds that sounds like what we see..

I definitely agree. The DC-3 deserves the best sound we have to offer. Dream engine would be perfect! (hint, hint...)

awesome modelling once again!!!! I am 6' 5" tall so there aint much room in anything for me!!!! Great to see you modelled the "oh shite!" handle as in "oh shite the landing hasnt come down!!!!!" ;) There is more detail here than I put into some of my models (the ones that wont likely see the light of day......ever...)!!!!!! I am sooooo looking forward to this one, I feel that I may never fly another payware plane again once I own this baby. Have a home cockpit already sorted out and parts ready for making :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Hey Thanks Andy.

It looks as though this is going to turn out more detailed than I originally anticipated. Not just the modelling. But systems are getting the Gizmo treatment. Including engine modelling and some other custom flight model details.

I'll post more details about that in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 1

Hi James.....great to see those of us that made "average" height (anything under 1.9m is a worthy attempt...lol )! I was taking a flying lesson in a Piper Tomahawk (PA38 161), and there was no room for anything....I couldnt even move my feet off the pedals!!!! Still had a great flight though and am looking forward to doing it again soon if funds present themselves :) Our New Zealand Captain of the All blacks rugby team is a qualified DC3 pilot, I hear it flying over my house almost every weekend...weather depending of course.....I always run outside and look up to see it go past. Saw a Super Connie in Melbourne, Aust once.....bloody loud, bloody small and bloody fast!!!!!

Anyway, enough rambling...Im off to fly the default C172 and practice some VOR and ADF (flying NZCH to NZTU), just to get the hang of it before the DC3 arrives :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Richie, I flew a DC-3 once and took a bunch of interior pics. If they would help at all, i'd be glad to zip them and send them to you somehow.

Richie McCaw.

He's the captain of the team thats gonna

win the Rugby world cup :P.

All I can say on DC-3 front is that i'm definately not looking forward to UV mapping that ;).

Colombia - DC-3 ... ( Mr Goran_M i sorry for this post, I not try to be out of topic, just try to show the word of X-Pilot that DC-3 Planes are Great and there are many DC-3 Flying in many countries after 50 Years of use and Abuse).

X-plane Picture of SKVV ( Villavicencio - Meta) http://forums.x-pilo...dpost__p__27972

Edited by Orion