Whacko for the Waco!

steven winslow

I just wonder if the engine is well done. Do I have to be careful, or can I overdo it everywhere? And the sound- is it up to par with the Caravan and Skymaster?
They are not your typical GA planes and they are harder to fly. Yes, you can overdo it everywhere if you aren't paying attention to what you are doing. The sounds are every bit as good as the Caravan and Skymaster. You would not be disappointed. And if you were, Alabeo has a money back guarantee. At the bottom of this page, http://www.alabeo.com/index.php , it says the following:

Satisfaction policy
We would like our customer have enjoyable experience since the moment of the
purchase until they are flying our products. If you are not satisfied with the
product we will refund your money immediately.
Edited by steven winslow

They are not your typical GA planes and they are harder to fly. Yes, you can overdo it everywhere if you aren't paying attention to what you are doing. The sounds are every bit as good as the Caravan and Skymaster. You would not be disappointed. And if you were, Alabeo has a money back guarantee. At the bottom of this page, http://www.alabeo.com/index.php , it says the following:

Satisfaction policy

We would like our customer have enjoyable experience since the moment of the

purchase until they are flying our products. If you are not satisfied with the

product we will refund your money immediately.

Dang, I was hoping it to be lackluster. Now I think I might have to get it.

Well that's $20 out of my ppl fund.

Tried her out last night, and was thoroughly impressed.  Alabeo and Carenado are certainly taking the payware market by storm these days.

Seeing as how Alabeo modelled the Waco optional 300 hp Jacobs radial engine, I figure they should also throw in the 93 in diameter Hamilton-Standard constant speed prop (also a Waco option for the aircraft).

The sounds are awesome, and it really sounds like your sitting behind a large radial engine.  This would be the kind of aircraft that you could hook your computer up to a good stereo with a lot of bass and really get that rumble from the radial engine.

In the product description it says "Aerobatic smoke effect"

For now, the smoke is only the default X-Plane smoke.  They're working on SASL based smoke generation, but it is not ready yet.  It will be in the future, but for now, the smoke switch in the cockpit toggles the smoke on and off just like hitting the 'x' key in V9.7.  Custom smoke is being worked on, which will include colored smoke.  Dan was not too happy with Alabeo for the smoke description in the product info, but it is coming.  I don't think the lack of custom smoke right now takes anything away from the Waco experience.  She's a sweet ride!

Edited by steven winslow
  • Upvote 1