Saab 340A Release Info

Cameron

POH is done.

Checklists are done.

Textures and mesh are done.  

Night lighting is done.  

All animations (with the exception of some custom autopilot datarefs) are done.

Manipulators are done.

Coding still being worked on, custom Autopilot stuff.  

VERY close.

Definitely the home stretch, and a good thing too, I spent $2.33 million in FSE buying a SAAB 340 in anticipation of this release, and I can't wait to put some hours on her.

HAHA, same here man, just chomping at the bit! I'm really hoping it comes out while on vacation too :)

Not to bug you, but is there any chance of releasing the manual early since it's done? I think I need to study it a little bit this weekend (if, of course there's a good amount of time before release that I could study).

Absolutely no chance whatsoever!

JUST KIDDING

:)

I've shown the manual to 2 other XA developers as well as Cameron and Theo.  I've gotten feedback and yes, it is sufficient and covers what you need to know but it could be prettier.  So I'm snazzying it up a bit.  I'll see what I can do by the end of the weekend.  There are also checklists to finish and it's also been decided to do a tutorial on how to fly it so study time can be minimized.

I've been flying testing it a lot in the last few days and it's definitely a fun and addictive aircraft to fly. 

So… Are you guys still hoping for a March release?? I have to admit, it's a little frustrating watching this project continually delayed. First it was close to release in January, then February, now March..

However, I also know (or hope! hehe) that you guys aren't simply messing around with us, but are continuing to perfect this beautiful bird. Actually, I should just be happy that anyone is devoting time to a top notch saab at all; waiting is better than having nothing at all!

Still, I hope it's released soon. Though I don't plan on purchasing immediately, I'd love to read the early-adopters reactions and hopefully see some videos of it in action.

So… Are you guys still hoping for a March release?? I have to admit, it's a little frustrating watching this project continually delayed. First it was close to release in January, then February, now March..

You're a prime example of why we are considering no longer sharing info or previews of products in the works in the future. :)

Lis' reply summed it up well.

Actually, that is a brilliant idea. Keep projects under wraps until a week or so before release, and BAM, awesome plane out of nowhere. Man, I wonder if there are some devs doing that now… it would be crazy to log on to some X-Plane sites one day and find a plethora of newly released top notch payware.

Hey, I can dream.

And ok, I'm not the most patient guy in the world, everyone has faults  ;D

You're a prime example of why we are considering no longer sharing info or previews of products in the works in the future. :)

Lis' reply summed it up well.

Surprise releases are very exciting. I remember when that happened with the duchess.....

The issue with not sharing info on ANY of the products though is that the forum becomes useless in some areas. Product discussion is one of the center parts of X-Pilot. Without it, I don't think this forum would not be as fun to talk on anymore. A good balance of surprises and anticipated releases is the best way to go in my book.

Release dates/times are harder to peg these days than in past time. With the introduction of custom systems/plugins becoming the norm there are plenty of things to bottleneck stuff with debugging.

The Saab is an awesome aircraft. I have worked countless nights programming this thing, and I KNOW I speak for Goran and Theo when I say we can't wait to get this thing off our plate as a developing product and instead released as a publicly available one.

We're very close!

Rexx flight plan: advertise no stop overs, charge higher rates for said, then divert with no notice to the passengers and do a 1 hour stop over and aggravate all the passengers as we bake in the can with no systems on for 45 minutes. Make sure you model steamy windows and poor rear of cabin ventilation. *laughs*

Rexx flight plan: advertise no stop overs, charge higher rates for said, then divert with no notice to the passengers and do a 1 hour stop over and aggravate all the passengers as we bake in the can with no systems on for 45 minutes. Make sure you model steamy windows and poor rear of cabin ventilation. *laughs*

Can Gizmo model all that?

:)

• 3 weeks later...