The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

All options are still open. Obviously, if this project is a success, which we hope and

believe, chances are good there will be a next project. What it will be we don't know yet, but a NG

is offcourse a good candidate since it has a lot in common with the CL on systems which are the big

time and ressource consumers on development. At the moment we have 3 people coding systems..

So I guess it's bit up to the community and how it responds to the CL.

Ok, thought I'd show you this IN-SIM WIP shot that I took the other day.

It really shows how good X-Plane is at rendering :wub:

Note that for development reason we have removed some of the switch guards and a couple of other things

on the overhead to make systems testing faster.

Click for larger view.

737CL3.jpg

Edited by Morten XPFW
  • Upvote 3

Our AoA is dead on in the entire envelope of flight, at all speeds, altitude and flap settings etc.

In fact I think I can promise the most accurate flightmodel ever made for any airliner in any

desktop sim to date, so yes, we are pretty confident about that :)

I think Michelebk117 was referring to the AOA video training package for the PMDG, not angle of attack performance.

Looking ultra thorough guys!

Morten,

just a question you might have already answered somewhere: will this stunning beauty show a passenger cabin as well?

I kwow there are different opinions out there about this matter but..my opinion is that if all you need is a cockpit (cos of course you are not supposed to be fooling around the cabin when flyng) why an external model then?

Do you contemplate simulating all the switches available in the real aircraft (such as for instance ANTI-SKID TEST, BTMS TEST, fire det test, and others) and providing a real checklist for engine/and other systems failures. Anyway great job!

Yes, the goal is to make every switch in the aircraft´s cockpit usable. So if a system has a test button, pushing it will run the right test.

The goal for the first iteration is not to provide detailed failure scenarios (i.e. IRS failure or PMC failure etc.). Various X-Plane failures will work, one example is an engine failure, or flameout, etc. Others might not work, as we have to use plug-ins quite heavily to make everything work. So failing a "default" x-plane component MIGHT have no effect on our aircraft.

Of course we model every systems powersupply and failure conditions - so you could "emulate" a lot of failures yourself. Want to see the pressurizations "auto fail"? Well, there are 5 conditions to trigger that, and they are all modeled. Turn off bleeds for a few seconds, and the excessive cabin climb-rate will trigger that. Or unpower the respective transfer bus for more than 15 seconds. Or...

We will provide checklists for "normal" use - we might provide some for non-normal conditions.

But it will be perfectly viable to use the real checklists and procedures (look at post # 158)

Jan

Here is a little teaser movie to show you the test for the fuel quantity guages: We do this every morning to test the displays. You need to hold down the test button until the "error 4" appears. Then it will run through this little cycle to test all segments of the LCD display and also check for the integrity of fuel quantity indication.

http://www.xplanefre...n/IXEG/fuel.mov

(lower than original quality to reduce size)

Jan

Edited by Litjan

Morten,

just a question you might have already answered somewhere: will this stunning beauty show a passenger cabin as well?

I kwow there are different opinions out there about this matter but..my opinion is that if all you need is a cockpit (cos of course you are not supposed to be fooling around the cabin when flyng) why an external model then?

I think it is almost 100% certain that we will add a passenger cabin as well as a first rate outside 3D model, of course.

Jan

I think it is almost 100% certain that we will add a passenger cabin as well as a first rate outside 3D model, of course.

Jan

Hopefully you will have an option for a low-poly cabin, one that looks presentable from the exterior through windows but doesn't need to be detailed to walk around inside.

Here is a little teaser movie to show you the test for the fuel quantity guages: We do this every morning to test the displays. You need to hold down the test button until the "error 4" appears. Then it will run through this little cycle to test all segments of the LCD display and also check for the integrity of fuel quantity indication.

http://www.xplanefre...n/IXEG/fuel.mov

(lower than original quality to reduce size)

Jan

I AM LOVING IT

Another question: will the TOGA SWITCH be simulated?

Fantastic aircraft

Ps will your aircraft run with the current version of x-plane v.9?

Yes, the TO/GA buttons on the thrust levers will be simulated. Of course you can also program a joystick button with that function - easier to find that one than to swivel the view to the throttle quadrant and hunt for those little buttons when deciding to go-around just before touching down on an approach-gone-bad. Wouldn´t want to take my eyes of the runway/EADI in that second..

And I am 99.5% percent sure we will have a version for XP9 - of course it might lack some of the more advanced lighting features that XP10 will supposedly bring. But we are developing on XP9, and it would be foolish not to offer that version as well.

Jan

• Upvote 2

I have the pmdg 737ngx and it is perfect system-wise. But i have stopped flying it due to FSX, i really don´t like that platform. No dynamic lighting and bad FPS and with its cartoonish look.

Can´t wait for both a perfect 737 and the perfect X-Plane flightsim platform!

Great work, keep it up. I will buy both V9 and v10.

• Upvote 1