Questions/Comments

Airbus

just a short flight. really like it. one thing though: You're sure "the ball" moves in the right direction? I think it's reversed.

I'm happy you like it.  ;)

Just took a look at it and its reversed.

Its added to the fix list.

I am not too familiar with the Cessna in general as I fly PA28 in real life but should there not be a Tachometer in some shape or form somewhere in the aircraft, cant find it? I know in my flying club at least with the PA28s we use "Tacho time" as flight time when we pay for our flying.

Also is there a way to change the aircraft registration number on the panel. I fly in Sweden so a "NXXXXX" is a bit unrealistic.

Other than that I love this aircraft except for that useless horrid Garmin 430, but can't blame you for that one :-) wish one day in a galaxy far away us Mac users would have us a good Garmin 430 option. 

Mike

The Tachometer is on the far right of the panel in the 152. If you are looking for the rolling numbers, making those 3D is not working to well in xplane. A few others tried and cant get it either. So I'm going to make that 2D instead.

Right now the label is on the panel1.png. Ill figure something out for you.

Just wondering if eventually you would look into adding a simple autopilot into the stack on the panel?  Some aircraft will have this installed, but from what I can see this is mostly a VFR plane.

Also, on the heading indicator, there is no heading adjustment knob, or a heading bug (or movable reference point).  Is this some sort of error, or is this on purpose?

Hey no problem.  Sometimes it's nice to have autopilot, especially when your flying a fairly long flight and the winds keep changing...

Theres an autopilot gauge in the default instruments within plane maker that would work well, it's called the S-TEC_55. 

But, what ever is easiest for you.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! It's always awesome to see people having fun. :)

I get excited to see these small, common planes done really well.  Planes one might actually get to fly in real life.

Don't get me wrong, aircraft like the MU-2 with all it's complex systems are awesome to see in X-Plane, but low and slow VFR flight benefits so much from an immersive cockpit.

Five minutes left in the download!  I'm excited.

The stores says that this product does NOT require validation.  That is incorrect.  I just purchased it and the installer wants my account information to install it.  What gives?

The store states no activation. Validation of purchase is stated, and validation of purchase is checked.

Given you haven't purchased any products from us otherwise, I can certainly see your confusion. The DRM restricts computer usage, this does not.

Please feel free to carry on any further questions or concerns you may have through our contact form located here: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php

The store states no activation. Validation of purchase is stated, and validation of purchase is checked.

Ah! I confused validation and activation.  My apologies.

I'll use your contact form.

The way you guys carry on people would think access restrictions are new or something.

Thanks for your extremely valuable input, Indi.  Much appreciated.

We all fully understand that "access restrictions" aren't just a software thing, thanks to the dozens of photos you've posted.  Nobody could have figured that out without pictures of tickets and locks. :)

Hi, just purchased not too long ago and I have had a play but I seem to be having very poor FPS. Never above about 21 FPS and is extremely choppy. Same performance is achieved even when visibility is set as low as possible, all rendering options set to minimum etc. I understand the aircraft has a quite high resolution texture set, however my imac handles similar aircraft like the default Stinson L5 or even EADTs V4 x737 on reasonably high settings with ease (very high texture resolution, default objects, 16x anisotropic, pixel shaders... etc in good weather 15nm) All at around 30 FPS consistently. Perhaps I could be doing something wrong but I struggle to think what. It's a shame because from what I saw the aircraft looked really great. Also I did notice a few very minor errors - the right outside air temperature gauge texture appears reversed and the taxi and strobe light switches don't seem to work no matter where I try and manipulate them. Thanks in advance for any future help, hopefully I don't need a quicker mac.

Thanks, HT

You should have no FPS problems with that plane. It's as high or even higher than with the planes you mentioned on my Mac. One Suggestion: "16x anisotropic". I'd turn it down to 4x or 2x. It's not of that much value, I played with it, but with a setting that high really has impact on FPS. Also check anti-aliasing, maybe you put that very high, too.

Re: the taxi lights: I think that's intentional. The plane only has the landing light build in.

"Should have no FPS problems" That was my thinking as well and I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems but from what you say it must be isolated to my setup . Yes come to think of it anisotropic filtering was the only setting I didn't try at a lower setting although I've never noticed a large FPS effect with it on before.  I also very rarely use anti-aliasing, if at all, because of how demanding it tends to be. And concerning the light switches -  I thought the same about taxi lights not being on a 152 but the switch is definitely labeled. Anyway, I will try fiddling again tomorrow afternoon as its quite late here. Thanks for your help,  really keen to get this working properly as it looks fantastic.

HT

Hi,

After a very short flight I noticed two things that look kinda weird - with the throttle full open the RPM go way beyond the upper limit. Usually the max. RPM should be around 2500. Secondly the cruising speed seems a little too fast.

Overall a nice looking aircraft, appreciate the hard work. Any chance for a version with no gear fairings?

And concerning the light switches -  I thought the same about taxi lights not being on a 152 but the switch is definitely labeled. Anyway, I will try fiddling again tomorrow afternoon as its quite late here. Thanks for your help,  really keen to get this working properly as it looks fantastic.

HT

Hey, Henry,

You should definitely not be seeing the FPS issues you are with the aircraft. It really is a pretty "smooth" ride!

The light switch is intentionally not there for taxi. There are a couple there that are placeholders for upgrades. This was based off a real aircraft selected, and it's an obvious way for Cessna to keep costs down to a customer, but allow for an easy upgrade should they want it. You'll notice a cutout section for the taxi light in the cowling for a taxi light, though no light there. You shouldn't have any issues with the strobes though. Please ensure you are treating them as manipulators and clicking, holding, and dragging (flipping) rather than just clicking on the switch! :)

Still downloading as I type this. (hope you guys get some speed in the e-commerce system, the still to be released photo sceneries will take months on this speed!)

2 questions.

Can we have a classic ADF gauge (the x-..... releases seem to hate ADF  :) )

Integration with the Reality XP Garmin GNS430W please (like ND Art & Technology BK-117 did for the GNS530W)

Hi thanks airbus, I managed to fiddle with the rendering settings again today and somehow the FPS jumped straight back up. I think it was the anisotropic filtering that did it. Anyhow, with things back to normal I had time to appreciate the great job you did with this. Had heaps of fun so far. Oh and regarding the light switches, excuse my ignorance about the taxi lights. Its cool the model is that detailed and sorry I meant to say the dome light not the strobes. A similar sort of situation to the taxi lights?

Anyway, might take her up for another flight.

Thanks, HT