What did you fly today?

Maxime

I mean that the textures on the plane are "simulated" reflections, to my knowledge they don't actually reflect what the environment around them is. Or am I wrong? If I'm not, I'm buying this plane when I have money.

That's true, X-Plane is not able to show reflections on aircraft. Some suggested that Laminar should implement it like it was done in FSX (i.e. a fake reflection map, where nearly nobody notices that it's fake ...), but IIRC Ben somewhere said if they ever make reflections, they want to do it better. Sometimes I wish for more pragmatism...

Edited by Mario Donick
  • Upvote 4

Today I wanted to escape winter :D Flight from Montreal to Punta Cana, -6 degrees in Montreal and 28 degrees in Punta Cana... ;) 

Leaving the international terminal in YUL

gpAgAch.png 

De-icing because of the snow... 

7jcwM67.png

Cruising over the atlantic 

F7DdnFa.png

The first isles of the Dominican Republic

PGx3jRM.png

Sun begins to set as I start the descend 

En5xB8s.png

Parked at the ramp in Punta Cana

5s7YUvL.png

Flight time: 3 hours 56 minutes :) 

• Upvote 5

Flew my first triple R (Rescue/recovery/relocation) flight today as the second in command on the right seat. On sunday, a pilot diverted to Chek Lap Kok due to low visibility at our base in Shek Kong, and it was a very interesting relocation flight for me today as this is my first time flying as a pilot monitoring, my first RRR flight and my first time flying out of VHHH. Handling the radios and navigation was difficult in such as fast paced situation. 

And it was also an after school flight for me...

Cleared for takeoff!

post-8821-0-95518800-1425980828_thumb.jp

Over port shelter

post-8821-0-37223600-1425980836_thumb.jp

• Upvote 2

This is more along the lines of "what did you build today" but I also flew it as well. Well, I took off and flew around, I still haven't figured out how to land a helicopter safely in XP10. All default resources, this heliport has been submitted to the database :) Abbotsford Hospital and Cancer Centre, BC.10981309_10206420891030894_2465646286153

• Upvote 1

It's moments like these that I seriously have trouble convincing myself that SkyMAXX Pro is worth it. While other weather looks pretty good, I've never seen anything like this from X-Plane with or without SMP. This overcast is mindblowing.

10580877_10206423678820587_3465086611436

11046862_10206423719301599_8793398213017

This is the best simulation of Alpenglow I have ever seen. I'm definitely ready for school to be over so I can hit the trail and get some serious hiking in. X-Plane is my escape for now.

Edited by Colin S
  • Upvote 5

I must say, that todays approach+landing topped everything that I ever did in terms of difficulty :D Munich-Madeira with the amazing Flight Factor 757-300!!

Cruising over Spain:

wTKO0UF.jpg

Approaching runway 05 reaaalllyy close to the mountains!! 

R7EbYg3.jpg

The weather was not the best...

M1ED3x6.jpg

Safely down and slowing down with max reverse thrust+auto-brakes on 4

8q3XTGi.jpg

Parked at the gate after 30 minutes of adrenalin ;)

8q8qyEX.jpg

I can recommend this flight/airport to anyone who has some flight experience and loves difficult approaches!! :) 

• Upvote 4