CRJ700

WombatBoy

As some of you may know, I'm developing a CRJ700. I figured it was about time for me to have a thread somewhere as I hope that the release is coming soon.

So here's what's going on...

-The paint job is pretty much finished although some things will probably change. I'm working on some liveries right now with the "paint kit" developed by my master painter that will eventually be released with the plane for those of you who wish to make liveries.

Currently it has 9 liveries:

Air Canada (Red)

Air Canada (Green)

Air Canada (Yellow)

Air India

AtlasJet (a Turkish airline)

Delta

Lufthansa

United Airlines

American Eagle

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them here. I will do what I can to see that those liveries get made.

-The cockpit is still a WIP with a fair bit of modeling, and probably remodeling, left to go as well as texture things. Also it's lacking in lots of animations right now due to the lack of systems, which brings me to my next point.

-Right now the plane has very little systems wise, just a little bit that I was able to program via the SASL plugin, but that leaves our PPC users out of things. So if anyone would like to lend a hand programming this plane that would be amazing. I would mainly just like to see the electrics and hydraulics fully simulated. If anyone wants to help they can PM me and we'll see what we can do ;)

-Exterior modeling is pretty much done although there's some things I'd like to add.

-There is a full passenger cabin, with passengers and you have the ability to turn the smoking and seat belt signs on and off.

-Wingflex

-It has dynamic night lighting like that of the Javelin or the Bell 206 over on the .org

I have no idea as to when it will be released but I'm hoping soon - I'm really looking forward to moving on to something new.

Let me know what you guys think.

post-901-131369576925_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369576946_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369576968_thumb.jpg

post-901-13136957699_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369577013_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

REALLY late reply to Breyne here although I felt that what with all the updates I've been working on I could finally address what he pointed out and have an answer. The windows and doors have all been built brand new and here are some shots of recent work. There is: the overhead, the center pedestal, the fuselage, and the cabin both day and night.

Textures on the exterior have been totally reworked and are still a WIP. The overhead is still a WIP as is the middle pedestal, although that has just a few tiny little things left to work on on it. The cabin mainly needs textures on the overhead bins.

post-901-131369590562_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369590584_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369590613_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369590646_thumb.jpg

post-901-13136959067_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369590697_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Some pictures from the flight I flew yesterday including one of the untextured cockpit :)

The wings are clearly unfinished as they have no winglets. Those will come, the wings that are there right now are just there because I modeled them with the wing fairing. I'll be putting in control surfaces, gear doors and textures here in the near future.

Some new cockpit work has been doing on albeit not a whole lot. Expect to see much more in the cockpit in not too long. Work is picking up on the CRJ again after a lull while I worked solely on the A320.

post-901-131369601546_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369601567_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369601585_thumb.jpg

post-901-131369601602_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After much thought and consideration, I’ve decided to release a “lite” freeware version of my CRJ-700, much like QPAC has done with the A320. As it stands the QPAC A320 is freeware with detailed systems and autopilot, and a nice exterior; however some things have been omitted, like a complete Pegasus FMS and 3D cockpit which will be in the payware version.

The CRJ700 "Lite" will be released in a similar fashion. Hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic systems will all be simulated, along with custom flight controls and autopilot. I have also elected to include a 3D cockpit, since a 2D panel would be a step down from what I've already created. The cabin will be included with the payware which will have a new fuselage, wings, reworked cockpit, and full plugin-driven FMC and Radiopanel to go along with it.

We are expecting to release in 4-6 weeks, no later than the middle of June :)

I have no idea regarding the price just yet. When the time comes to make a decision I'll evaluate things and see what people are willing to pay based on what comes out between now and them and peoples reactions to the prices. The A320 I think will be handled mainly through Peter Hager so you'll have to find out about the prices from him. Although I will say the payware version of the A320 is pretty far off, still a lot of work to go.

However the next version of the A320 will be released very soon, before the freeware CRJ700.

And I'll be sure to include plenty of Horizon paints there Kaphias :) They have lots of cool college liveries that I'd like to paint...especially the Oregon State University Beavers. I love those little things!

• 1 month later...

any updates? where/when are you releasing?

The cockpit is pretty much complete, with only a few parts left to map and then texture. Here's a quick render I did while verifying the geometry last night. (Missing buttons above the displays was a flub on my part).

CRJ-700_cockpit_render_001.png

Between Derek and I, we haven't had a whole lot of time to work on the CRJ because end-of-semester schoolwork has been unexpectedly eating more of our time than expected, though a release date shouldn't be too far off.