Boeing 787

Kiedels

Hello, I just got an x-plane.org newsletter in my email. It said that Heinz is going to make a Boeing 787. There is a link to some pictures of his planes here: http://www.myvirtualhanger.com/787. I have to say it looks pretty good, and the external model looks amazing. I just don't really like the fan blades, and if you look in the cockpit, the pilots look kind of weird. This plane is still production, so I hope he will make some changes. I am hoping that the 3D cockpit will be nice. Some good things are that this plane will be approved by Boeing, which will make this plane very realistic. I can't wait to see the outcome of this plane. ;D

I hope that he is targeting the top end market with this aircraft because his previous 3d pits have been 'painted on' instruments with lower quality texturing than say the BK117 or the a/c in development here.

If it's as good as the latest generation of x-plane aircraft in terms of 3D / texturing with fair systems modelling, then I may get it, although I think he targets the mid-low level market - those with more modest hardware and who aren't as interested in aesthetics.

Here's hoping it will be captain sim rather than abacus quality.

Well he said that there will be a version for beginners, and a version for experts who want it to have a realistic cockpit. Looking at it right now it looks like it won't be the best quality, but hopefully these pictures are from the beginning of development. I think he needs to work on the gear, fan blades,and pilots. Hopefully the 3D cockpit pictures he posts will be fully 3D, and I hope he even knows about the high-end market for x-plane, so that he can see how people want this plane to look like.

Well, he's got the engines right which is more than I can say for the abacus model :D

I hope any heads up display can be flipped out of the way with a manipulator like in Javiers CRJ

Being licensed by Boeing does not equate to it being a good model however. I've seen poor quality licensed products on the MSFS side.

I find it highly suspect that he would get an "official license" from Boeing. First, to get such an arrangement, he would have to be contracted by Boeing, in which case it would probably not be a public project. Second, I have never heard of such an arrangement between a company like Boeing, and a one-man acf developer. I suspect he sent Boeing an e-mail/letter asking if he could do the project without getting sued. They replied by saying something along the lines of, "sure, and if you would like, we'll send you a customer information packet." Beyond that, I really don't buy this "official Boeing license." Likely just an official "we're not going to sue you," license. Truth of the matter is Heinz is a master of putting out planes, quickly. He is very good with making them fly right, and should be respected for it. That being said, I wouldn't hold your breath for something spectacular. Maybe though, just maybe, he'll decide to elevate his talents for this one, but based on what I've seen in the past the final product will like look similar to what he has now (no normal mapping, plain textures, rather inaccurate modeling)...BUT it will fly well, probably be in the $20-$30, and be better than what you could get now.

Sorry to be a downer because I would love this to be a fantastic plane. Unfortunately, I've never seen any reason to believe he is capable and/or willing (don't know which one) of producing something on par with JRollon, Denis Krupin, XPJ, etc.

Yes, providing there is a "immaculate" 2D panel as well. I simply look for a realistic flying experience, which, as far as I'm concerned, is basically the panel and how the plane responds when you move the stick. I used to care more about the exterior features when I flew from the outside "a" view, but now that I fly from the panel view I honestly couldn't care less.

I understand though that I'm in the minority by a far amount, so I have to go with the flow if I want to fly anything at all. I'll ohh and ahh with everyone else when I look at an aircraft has been wonderfully modeled, but it's not something I consider a necessity for the flying experience.

Yes, providing there is a "immaculate" 2D panel as well. I simply look for a realistic flying experience, which, as far as I'm concerned, is basically the panel and how the plane responds when you move the stick. I used to care more about the exterior features when I flew from the outside "a" view, but now that I fly from the panel view I honestly couldn't care less.

I understand though that I'm in the minority by a far amount, so I have to go with the flow if I want to fly anything at all. I'll ohh and ahh with everyone else when I look at an aircraft has been wonderfully modeled, but it's not something I consider a necessity for the flying experience.

I'm with you. I'm much more interested in being able to correctly fly a tricky VOR approach, and that the plane hit the numbers, than I am in whether or not it's all shiny and pretty. I own a lot of Heinz's planes and love 'em all.

I agree, it's more of a balance, ESP for heinz's prices, they're pretty good value. I was the one who posted the tour and engine failure video of his new caravelle that's now on his homepage, I found that craft a hoot, ESP the great rattles on t/o and landing. Ok the vc is not cutting edge, but the handling has a real character to it. I think Heinz should keep to this era and before though, that's his niche. In the long run the ones who like the tubeliners also want hifidelity systems and rendering.

Then again you guys do amazing planes for great value too. I just got javier's javelin upgraded to v1.3 and instantly posted this vid on YT to pay homage to it! The English livery is incredible! Love the dirty intakes!

Simon