Carenado Baron B58

edwin

Anyone know of any place to buy the new Baron but definitely not 'X-Plane Org.' I've been using simMarket but I've just realised they're well over the top price wise (& Carenado themselves only accept Credit Cards???) Any options will be appreciated--Cheers

For what it's worth, I believe Carenado chooses not to use PayPal because the percentage PayPal takes is higher than what the credit card companies and banks take. My business takes credit cards, but we don't take American Express because AmEx charges almost double what Visa, MasterCard and Discover charge. With that said, I had someone pay me through PayPal once and I'll never do that again, either! PayPal took a chunk out of MY money that was due me and I was only receiving it. No PayPal for me ever again!

• Upvote 1

Thanks All--Appreciated,

Personally I don't use nor need credit cards--just do not need credit. Prefer Visa debit--direct with my own Bank & more people are accepting that now. Paypal I love but of course I'm never at the being charged end.

Just checked out Aerosoft and they've got it in--keep forgetting I have an account with them.

Thanks for the prompt reply Folks---just got to have every plane Carenado turn out & that one should be in my hanger in a few minutes from now and cheaper--Cheers All.

Thanks All--Appreciated,

Personally I don't use nor need credit cards--just do not need credit. Prefer Visa debit--direct with my own Bank & more people are accepting that now. Paypal I love but of course I'm never at the being charged end.

Edwin,

From a merchant point of view a credit card and debit card are the same thing. If it's got a Visa or Mastercard logo on it, it's valid for use through a credit card processor. As such, your debit card is "good" at Carenado.com.

• Upvote 1

Would have thought so too Cameron. I have not tried with this particular plane but I did with a couple of the others and it was definitely a show of Credit cards only and they were listed. I actually tried to contact them about it but got no response--Anyway---We got there---Cheers all

post-5747-0-15442000-1349389995_thumb.jp

post-5747-0-53148100-1349390020_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

AFAIK there are liability issues when using a debit card online vs. a credit card.

As Cameron said, to a merchant there's no difference between credit and debit cards unless the debit card user chooses to enter a PIN number at the point of sale. In that case, the merchant pays a slightly lower fee to the processing company. Other than that, there is no difference.

Next time you are at a local business and you have the choice between credit/debit cards or writing a check, do your merchant a favor and write the check. We just had a client spend $1700 with us. She actually told us she would rather give us a check because she knew we had to pay for the "privilege" of taking her payment via credit card. She saved us around $50. Not a lot compared to what she spent, but if every client paid buy check last year, we would have actually added at least $2300 to our bottom line.

Sorry for the hijack. I suppose my intent was to encourage you to buy directly from Carenado for a couple of reasons. 1) Carenado makes full margin by selling direct. 2) Better customer service through Carenado direct, if needed.

In addition, any time you use a credit or debit card online you run the risk of somebody misusing your card. If someone was able to access your debit card information they would have access to whatever bank account balance it was associated with. On the other hand, if they got your credit card information, they would have access to your credit limit.

In addition, any time you use a credit or debit card online you run the risk of somebody misusing your card. If someone was able to access your debit card information they would have access to whatever bank account balance it was associated with. On the other hand, if they got your credit card information, they would have access to your credit limit.

This is more towards what I was getting at:

Unlike the federal protections for credit cards, which cap your liability for unauthorized charges at $50 (see the credit card section), your liability limit for a debit card depends on the situation and your promptness in reporting the lost card or unauthorized transaction. Specifically, the maximum legal liability is $50 if you notify the bank within two business days after discovering an unauthorized transaction. But if you notify your bank after those first two days, under the law you could lose up to $500, or perhaps much more. Some banks may voluntarily waive all liability for unauthorized transactions if the cardholder took reasonable care to avoid fraud or theft, but consumers must still report errors promptly.

In addition, with transaction errors, banks have up to 10 business days (and in some cases 20 business days) to promptly conduct an investigation after receiving notice from the debit cardholder. If more time is needed, typically because of special circumstances, they can take up to 45 days (and in some cases 90 days) to investigate, but they generally have to credit the consumer’s account for the amount of the alleged error on a "provisional" (temporary) basis pending the outcome of the review.

(from http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/news/cnfall09/debit_vs_credit.html)

This is more towards what I was getting at:

(from http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/news/cnfall09/debit_vs_credit.html)

I can't think of a single debit card I have which does not allow me at LEAST 60 days to fix things up. I still have credit cards, but do not use them for anything, and now pay "cash" for everything via a debit card.

I have claimed and won issues of services not rendered as well as stolen debit card activity any time this has taken place over the last 10 years.

I can't think of a single debit card I have which does not allow me at LEAST 60 days to fix things up. I still have credit cards, but do not use them for anything, and now pay "cash" for everything via a debit card.

I have claimed and won issues of services not rendered as well as stolen debit card activity any time this has taken place over the last 10 years.

Thanks for the info Cameron. I'm the only one in my family that uses a debit card so I don't get any advice from them!

NIce one folks--over here in Blighty Credit Cards although still popular amongst certain people are being rapidly taken over by the 'Cash' (As Kaphiuas puts it) Debit Visa Cards and I for one rarely carry cash over here--everythings geared around 'Debit Visa' & I even get phone calls the instant my shopping practices--or localities suddenly change. I can get details/updates/balances from any ATM/Computer & now my mobile phone--milliseconds after a transaction---I can even pay minimal amounts to our ridiculous Parking Machines with them on the Blower. Arrangements are being made by successive Banks whereby we can arrange a withdraw by phone instantly if the Card is lost or stolen--on the spot. Best of all it's MY money not a Loan & no ridiculous interest charges.

Never seen or been been offered a Cheque Book over here iin the last ten years--they are still governed by the old Racket of taking 5-8 days to process (Wilst the holding banks make a little fortune)

Carenado is not the only company that has offered 'By Credit Card only' internet sales. Companies that do are no longer common and generally American Based where I believe the 'Credit Card' lifestyle is still very alive & prevelent

Thanks for your advice all--Cheers Edwin

Carenado is not the only company that has offered 'By Credit Card only' internet sales. Companies that do are no longer common and generally American Based where I believe the 'Credit Card' lifestyle is still very alive & prevelent

America has been "cashless" for years now, Edwin. You guys are just now getting around to where we were in ~2004. During that time we could use a credit card or debit card at even a drive thru fast food chain, though the use of debit carried an extra fee up to $0.99. This has since changed to no fee, and debit cards are now run as "credit" to avoid PIN number entering.

I travel quite often each year to various countries, European especially. It's incredible how many fewer places I can use a card over there than I can here, which ultimately leads to me not giving said business a sale. I don't like carrying around cash and would rather allow my bank to give me their convenient exchange rate via debit card than get royally taken by the exchange agencies at the airports, etc.

I don't understand the comment you made about American businesses usually being the ones to not accept debit cards. Given I don't carry around cash, I don't pay by credit card, and always use my debit card for both online and offline shopping, I have NEVER run into the scenario you speak of.

America has been "cashless" for years now, Edwin. You guys are just now getting around to where we were in ~2004. During that time we could use a credit card or debit card at even a drive thru fast food chain, though the use of debit carried an extra fee up to $0.99. This has since changed to no fee, and debit cards are now run as "credit" to avoid PIN number entering.

I travel quite often each year to various countries, Europe especially. It's incredible how many fewer places I can use a card over there than I can here, which ultimately leads to me not giving said business a sale. I don't like carrying around cash and would rather allow my bank to give me their convenient exchange rate via debit card than get royally taken by the exchange agencies at the airports, etc.

I don't understand the comment you made about American businesses usually being the ones to not accept debit cards. Given I don't carry around cash, I don't pay by credit card, and always use my debit card for both online and offline shopping, I have NEVER run into the scenario you speak of.

Just don`t get stuck behind the little old lady at grocery store who still insists to write out a check for her groceries. LOL, they sure can slow up a quick trip to the store.

• Upvote 1