Microsoft Flight its a game Ughh

larjeet

Just downloaded MSflight Oh boy How do you get the girl to shut up ? this is definatly going to affect sales of Xplane 10 LOL if any one was waiting for it . They are probably ordering XPX right now . Its got everything I hate in a game I must complete training I must Listen to some flight instructor tell me how to fly around Balloons and then I must go out and do somthing really realistic pickup rings Ughhh . They should have waited to release it on April 1st .

• Upvote 1

I tried it and deleted it after one hour or so. But I made a video. This game is crappy. No atc, no realtime weather, crappy aerodynamics, only two planes to fly, scenery is not that great. I was so disappointed. Only one good thing is that I got smooth frame rates.

Edited by Baber20

The "game" is impressive, amazing perfomance. No worries no panic here, nothing to bash about it. It is what we all know and not intended for serious simmers like us, the fact that it is not for us doesn't mean that the game is not good. And yes the near future belongs to XP10.

Alex

Woaw, this is worse than I thought:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=395288&postcount=13

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/364126-found-something-i-dont-like-in-flight/

To be fair, I didn't try it, but seeing the screenshots and video (even the better ones), I'm shocked. I thought MS would be able to show something really good for such a limited region.

Also, this must be kept in perspective with the fact that nobody else than MS will be able to correct mistakes. Approximations are ok in an open and worldwide simulator.

That's cheap, that's really cheap !

OK, to be clear I am not here to promote Flight and neither am afiliated with Microsoft. As a matter of fact, I will not post my review of Flight since as I intend to defer any attacks as I observed on various forums.

One and only thing that I would like to as a professional developer:

Based on the advertised requirements Microsoft's release (of the software so known as Flight) was really well done am very happy how it performs on current systems in the market.

On the other hand I will post these links to reviews that I agree with and are imho quite honest.

http://soldant.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/microsoft-flight-review/

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0212/Microsoft/Flight.html

-lk

On the other hand I will post these links to reviews that I agree with and are imho quite honest.

http://soldant.wordp...-flight-review/

http://www.avsim.com...oft/Flight.html

-lk

And here are some well written answers to Avsim's "honest" review :

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/364131-ms-flight-i-gave-them-the-benefit-of-the-doubt-i-really-did/

Ok, by now (or since a long time), we know it's a game. I have no problem with that. But, is it even a good game ? Frankly, I'm awaiting some reviews from gamers, not simmers trying to positive the experience of being taken without care by Microsoft (yes I mean that! ).

And here are some well written answers to Avsim's "honest" review :

http://forum.avsim.n...t-i-really-did/

Ok, by now (or since a long time), we know it's a game. I have no problem with that. But, is it even a good game ? Frankly, I'm awaiting some reviews from gamers, not simmers trying to positive the experience of being taken without care by Microsoft (yes I mean that! ).

Yea, I saw that and I also agree with some comments (the ones that I disagree are remarks about something that was stated outside the posted software requirement at release date, same goes about the other reviews).

I can also see the frustration about a 'closed software' but frankly, is that not Microsoft's right to make that decision? After all, they saw how much revenue 3rd party addons made and some of these quite expensive why would Microsoft allow to be sidelined on the revenues that come off their product (ie. their hard work)?

Anyway, time will tell the truth behind some of their decisions.

Edited by zoltron_rulez

Flight dynamics/physics are surprisingly good.

Clouds bad, scenery, details and lighting very nice.

Great framerates, even with 'medium' hardware, looks like the program engine is good.

But i don't like the 'game elements' before you can do free flight.

Also the 'adventures' are to arcade looking to me.

And of course they left out lots of things available in FSX at this moment : no world cover yet, only Hawai, only a few planes, no 3 rd party addons, no ATC, no big planes, ..... the list is long!

They release a Canadian scenery pack for bush pilots this spring.

At this moment i still prefer my expanded FSX.

But the latest demo XPX beta 7 is nice too: looks like even the old flight physics errors are better now !

:)

Edited by Bigbear

With the 3D setup I'm actually enjoying it between xplane sessions. Flew quite a distance to Hilo, just enjoying the Trip. With 3d its a case of 'look at that hill over there, whats behind it, oh yes, a town over the rise', u see and do things in a totally different way. I even spotted the small metal deflectors on the Vans' wing, in 3D, would never have noticed em without it.

I think the fact that they picked Hawaii as first land region is great. I've been to Kauai (one of the Hawaii Islands) and it looks like paradise. I am definitely enjoying the scenery and looking how the other Hawaii islands are, just beautiful.

I also find that some weather themese, the ones with rain look really very nice, especially the rain + wind + cloud mist as you go through it (the one wish right now is to see more full coverage of the sky with clouds & better looking clouds please).

I am looking forward to Alaska scenery that's coming out soon, never been yet to Alaska.

Question for the 3D setup: Is that nividia cards with the 3D glasses you're using? Does that have a great impact on the frame rate?

Edited by zoltron_rulez

Hey Z, the Z name has just lost its co olness, at first I thought you were Zroman with a very mature question!

Actually, there's a long story to this name, no I am not a boy anymore, just the name is what is left over.

Brief history:

'Zoltron' was clan name used in Age of Empires 2, that I was part of, which was started here where I live.

The clan actually was in the top 10 clans in the world and argueably with 2 best team players in the world. I hated the 'Zoltron' name but the name was already chosen so that's that!

For the sake of having just one nick (so I don't forget my login names) in other games, gamer tags, accounts, etc, that was the name I chose.

Now, I am not 16 anymore, but the name remained and I use it continously when I register new accounts on forums, etc.

Edited by zoltron_rulez

Not tried it but I didn't like FSX/FS2004 after switching to X-Plane but I've eyed through a lot of the screenshots and summaries and to be fair it's never proported to upfront FSX let alone X-Plane. It basically described itself as what it is--an everymans game.

On the slagging of the Clouds issue-- if one takes a closer look there's quite some similarity with v10's present offerings which have taken quite a bashing since the initial release and v10.4b7-----v10.04b4 basically saw the end of the last functional & representable clouds.

Apart from the (My personal) cloud issue b7 is a breath of fresh air.

Edited by edwin