Project 3

Goran_M

WOW!! this is just amazing guys , its one of the best addons i have ever seen, and being a saab 340 is just a bonus...

just one question guys , will there be some sort of window textures or tint in the VC??

I love this! great work just great...

Thanks.  Appreciate the comments.

Yes, it will have windows modelled and textured with a transparent texture.  It won't be just the VC with the windows either.  There will be windows all up and down the sides of the fuselage. 

We always do the glass last. 

Thanx for the quick reply, and remeber im not being nice by saying amazing , im being honest..lol

I have been envolved with the the Flight sim community for over 14 years, well before I became a proffesional pilot. It all  started with pro-pilot 97 and ended with FSX , to tell you im kind of tired with microsoft flight sim, im just now getting into xplane and your project and a few upcoming ones (CRJ/737-300/dash 400/have REALLY caught my attention and lured me to xplane cause I think xplane has been lacking high quality aircraft till now.

Another thing i would like to mention is, for some reason Developers like to follow each others projects, this is very noticable in the FS community, if a dev starts making a 737-ng there will 100% be another couple that will announce there NG project.

Another thing is bigger of the model problem, and what that means is if someone would start developing a douglas series aircraft it would most likely be the bigger of the models ..

ex; dc-9 = Md 80 (dc-9 gets let down) Boeing 767 = 300 ( 200 model gets let down ) ATR 42 = 72 ( the 42 gets let down )

anyways just my opinion , Im just happy that you chose the 340 versus the saab 2000 , and same goes for the others guys developing the 737-300...

:)Thanx for the great work and please keep it up... :)

Theo and I discussed the progress of the Saab last night.  Unfortunately, the Saab will not be ready before Christmas.  We want to make sure it is functioning correctly with all problems (that we can find) gone.  There are still a few texture issues Theo has to fix (very minor) and manipulators have to be tested.  Also, the flight model is proving a little stubborn with fuel flow and reverse thrust.  I have stayed up until 530am the last 2 nights trying to sort it out.  Reverse thrust is still acting up and fuel flow is WAY too high at max power (but normal at idle).

In saying all this, we will almost definitely have it done by the end of the first week of the new year.  Theo is slightly more optimistic and is saying end of next week.  We're (Theo, Ben, Cameron and myself) very happy with how it looks and how it's functioning.  Just these last few little niggles and it's finished.

Goran

We're getting very close to final testing.  Theo's wrapping up final areas of panel regions while I have been working some crazy hours on the flight model, ironing out any bugs (and there were quite a few), making sure all animations work accurately and getting the manual done.  

Testing shouldn't take more than a week as most of the bugs were taken care of in the last month.  Depending on what problems the testing exposes will depend on when it will finally be available.  

A few more screenshots to show a nearly fully working panel...

grab031.th.jpg

grab034d.th.jpg

grab035y.th.jpg

Goran,

I really like what you have published here but could you please put here a screenshot of your sim Saab, not a real life photos?

;)

Astonishing work!

Kind regards,

Kamil

Ha, thanks Kamil.

I can only take credit for the modelling, flight model and making all the gauges and switches work.  Theo is the one that textures everything, although it does have to get my OK.