Unable to install G5 in C172 XP12

lennard78

Hello,

After running the G5 installer for the stock C172 in XP12, I see that the G5 text file is copied to the aircraft folder, but somehow it does not show the G5 in the sim (just keeps the old analogue instruments). Has anyone been able to make the G5 visible and work in XP12's 172?

Best wishes

Lennard

On 12/29/2022 at 10:44 PM, Coop said:

We bundle a modified C172 with the G5 installed as part of the main installer. In X-Plane, load the C172 from the aircraft menu that is labeled "G5" in the aircraft name. 

Many thanks for your reply. I always used this included G5 172 in XP11. Thie G5 C172 folder indeed also works when placed in the XP12 aircraft folder, but then I have the XP11 C172 in XP12, and I noticed that it then comes without all the XP12 'goodies' such as visible rain on the windshield etc.

Hence I was wondering whether you could add a C172 but then adapted to XP12? Or is there a way to install the G5 in the XP12 C172 myself (which did not work with the present original XP11 installer)? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 12:08 PM, Coop said:

We have it on our list to update the modified aircraft to the X-Plane 12 aircraft.

Please also look into the stutters the lower G5 unit is causing. When I turn it on, FPS drops and the stutters are significant. This is on a default XP11 installation, so hopefully the issue can be resolved with the new XP12 version. I reached out to realsimgear for support, but no response in over a week. My system is strong: 13900k, 4090, 32 GB. Everything else runs butter smooth, except when I turn on the lower G5 (HSI).

Anyone else experience this? Thanks

31 minutes ago, Cameron said:

First time I've ever heard of this since it was put on sale.

Hmmm, that's very odd. I've seen another post regarding the stutters as well, so I know it's not just me. I've tried re-installing a couple of times and always get the same stutters when the lower G5 is turned on. I don't know what else to try, so was hoping for others to test it and chime in with their experience. 

Is there any way to download the previous version to see if the stutters are there? Thank you

Edited by RetiredBoom

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 9:48 PM, RetiredBoom said:

Hmmm, that's very odd. I've seen another post regarding the stutters as well, so I know it's not just me. I've tried re-installing a couple of times and always get the same stutters when the lower G5 is turned on. I don't know what else to try, so was hoping for others to test it and chime in with their experience. 

Is there any way to download the previous version to see if the stutters are there? Thank you

This has been addressed for the next update. 

15 hours ago, lennard78 said:

Would there be any timeline for integrating the G5 in native XP12 (C172) at this time?

We've finished testing and it is being packaged at the store now. Should release very soon.