Real Life CL650 pictures

FYG001

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great pictures! How did you get them to look so close to the Hot Start Challenger :P

The only thing I am wondering is about the blue color of the ADI sky on the PFD with SVS on. On all these shots, it seems to be a much darker blue than in the HS Challenger, where it looks very light blueish and washed out.

Is this a camera / lighting thing? 

Edited by bpcw0001

11 hours ago, FYG001 said:

Hi bpcw, good point, it is definitely much more like in the pictures which have been taken with different lights and camphones. I have made the point before to Hot Start, but Pils wrote in January that this was not a priority for them. 

Interesting. Thanks for the info. At least they know about it.

Edited by bpcw0001

18 hours ago, FYG001 said:

Business jets fly not nearly as much as airliners do, and also are kept much cleaner than the big ones. And this applies even more so for the interior 

Does this apply to the flight deck as well?
Seems to be pretty worn and scratched in the HS Challenger.

Thinking of popping out my old Photoshop and doing a little touchup work on those scratched and smudgy cockpit elements.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 10:20 PM, FYG001 said:

I took some more pics the other day, these levers are not as worn as in the Hotstart!

20220805_115135.jpg

While the HS650 textures certainly are superb and lively, I personally find the level of wear and tear modelled in the HS cockpit a bit over the top. The cockpit looks more like that of a beaten, old early-MSN 605 with a PL21 Advanced and SGWAIS upgrade slapped in, rather than that of a genuine 650 with at most 8 years under its belt.

If I recollect correctly, the 650 is available since 2015?

Anyway, worn or new, this bird is so addictive in X-Plane. 

Edited by bpcw0001

On 8/25/2023 at 12:18 PM, bpcw0001 said:

The cockpit looks more like that of a beaten, old early-MSN 605 with a PL21 Advanced and SGWAIS upgrade slapped in, rather than that of a genuine 650 with at most 8 years under its belt.

It was modelled after an IRL airframe, but I don't know how kind of artistic license @Goran_Mtook. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 2:29 AM, Goran_M said:

Many people want some kind of damage, grunge or dirt.  They don't want something too "clean".  So yes, I did add some imperfections to give it "character".

I understand.

Still, I would have appreciated a little less "old 727 freighter" feel in the cockpit.

But hey, the CL650 is my favorite in any case, grubby or not.

Edited by bpcw0001

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 7:16 AM, FYG001 said:

Hi bpcw, good point, it is definitely much more like in the pictures which have been taken with different lights and camphones. I have made the point before to Hot Start, but Pils wrote in January that this was not a priority for them. 

It should look more like this:

PFD.png.cc49a323bf5ee1d14eb6c96d8f7b78c9.png

rather than this:

644eb4d94952d1612f601d1a_avionics-in-flight.jpeg.eddfec621605a34f4fc21a090121965d.jpeg

Currently, it is too washed out and the contrast is not optimal. 
I hope the Hot Start guys get around to improving this. I venture a guess that maybe changing some color values is not a huge effort?

It would certainly be cool if HS got around to providing a config file for different EFIS color values, where users can tweak the colors themselves.

Edit:
Actually, I've found that a lot of the "washed out" look comes from using backlight bleeding and the pixel effects. I wouldn't have expected the latter to have any influence on colors, but it does.
Turning off pixel effects gives more vibrant, more saturated colors with better contrast.
Too bad, since I really like the pixel effect, but I prefer more vibrant colors with better contrast so it's pixel effects off for me for now.

Edited by bpcw0001

On 5/12/2023 at 10:39 AM, FYG001 said:

Got a few more from a recent flight showing the aircraft easing into Le Bourget

328472619_No3.thumb.jpg.4486f8bbeeadf7a6bf6815f708055efa.jpg

@FYG001 just noticed the white box surrounding the active and preselected altimeter settings. Is this something that appears when approaching the transition level with local QNH preselected? The box doesn't appear in any of the manuals - curious to know so it may be implemented :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know that the CL600-series is generally operated at M0.80 at cruise, and I am personally totally fine with that.
Still, out of interest: does any operator ever fly at max cruise? (Bombardier itself specifies a max cruise of M0.82, so I don't know where the MCRZ of M0.83 in the Hot Start FMS comes from).
I have the impression that a good portion of operators go even lower, e. g.  to M0.78 in cruise, even when not having to squeeze out max range.
Is it just a fuel burn/cost issue, or does the Challenger display some unwanted qualities at speeds higher than M0.80?

Edited by bpcw0001
  • Upvote 1