Challenger 300 released!

FlorianR

Waiting for information about datarefs and vasFMC, X-FMC or uFMC .

I want to load all datarefs with status, leds, button switch position, leverls, anything to make a home cockpit with complete hardware .

About FMC, is there any way to use a third part FMC solution to manager the aircraft autopilot and performance?

-thiengo

About FMC, is there any way to use a third part FMC solution to manager the aircraft autopilot and performance?

You can use VasFMC for the flightplan. It doesn't handle performance since it's "flightplan" only, so you have to do that stuff by hand. It is very handy for SID/STARS and loading flightplans directly from vroute.

post-1107-131369617027_thumb.jpg

it's just that, for me, the virtual walkaround seems a bit pointless on an add on that has nothing wrong with the exterior.  I would have much rather wanted to see at least a somewhat rudimentary FMC, instead of the default.

Namaui has described the appeal of the walk-around rather well, but if it doesn't appeal there is a quick start option too, which will run through the start up procedure for you. Or of course you can start with engines running...

Denis has said that he intends to add a custom FMC. I think a lot of people are happy to get the aircraft sooner, rather than wait, but if a custom FMC is all important, I guess it's easy enough to delay your purchase until it's incorporated.

I think part of the problem is that somewhere along the line the idea of a "fully functional FMC" became the phantom industry standard from the lay customers point of view.

But too few of them has/had any idea the amount of programming needed to create such a tool and many more really didn't understand its full purpose in the actual aircraft.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a complex bizjet fully replicated in all its electronic glory for XPlane. But they are indeed complex monsters, the CL300 has one of the most complicated avionics suites going today.

I'd love to see the Collins Pro Line 21 completely modeled, its free flight environment mode and its Jeppeson Chart Display with weather and flight overlay.   

But something along those lines would cost many thousands to develop and would end up costing end customers much more than the CRJ does.

-thiengo

As stated, you can use vas. Someone in the thread has said they would develop a UFMC config file for it, but we will have to wait and see if that happens.

Many moons ago Austin said an improved FMC was on his list of things to do for the X-Plane 10.1. We will have to wait and see about that as well.

I bought the plane, and i loved. Great job....

I want to buy the UFMC, but i want certain that will work.

I am a commercial pilot and work with general aviation, i have not contact with this aircraft, principally here in Brazil, where the CRJ is not pop.

Here we found a lot of learjet....

I intend to build a bombardier CRJ home cockpit, but i am looking for a product almost functional. I am not lokking for FMC maintenance functions, for example...

I dont care about charts functionalitty, i can use this in a tablet or in paper... l0l....

But.... FMC VNAV, Procedures, Performance, Position, Data Base consulting... can not miss...

anyway... the challenger is amazing...and your aircraft is too. so, you could think in developer tools that work together and bring a fully simulation of a aircraft, i think is wrong, a team to develop an aircraft, dont hit the high degree of functionality and get nervous to iniciate a new project, another aircraft in half.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not like "Take Command" is a such great name. Don't we take command of every plane in X-Plane?

Anyway nobody uses it. Everybody says it's the JRollon CRJ.

And what name would you suggest?  

Or would you just categorize what is the most realistic aircraft in x plane into all the other various quality payware that is out there.  Some of which I wouldn't even think of paying for.

The way it IS categorized is telling people that it is at a point where it can stand above all the other payware that is available.  

Perhaps you could share your experiences in promotional marketing with the rest of us?

Or would you just categorize what is the most realistic aircraft in x plane into all the other various quality payware that is out there.  

Well, that can only be a matter of opinion. As this is a thread about the Challenger, I'll just say that if it was the same price as the CRJ, I'd buy the Challenger every time. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I hope I can express it without being accused of bias, as both are now available at the Org.  :(

BTW, I bought the Duchess last night, and first impressions are very favourable - great job! I'll PM you with more feedback later.

Well, that can only be a matter of opinion. As this is a thread about the Challenger, I'll just say that if it was the same price as the CRJ, I'd buy the Challenger every time. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I hope I can express it without being accused of bias, as both are now available at the Org.  :(

BTW, I bought the Duchess last night, and first impressions are very favourable - great job! I'll PM you with more feedback later.

Everyone has choice.  That's what I love about our society.  My remarks were based on my experiences with the CRJ and what I know of it.  As good as the Challenger looks, it still has the dreaded default FMC.  Because the Take Command! series is an XA exclusive line of products, the CRJ represents the best that XA has to offer.

Pauls comments seemed to purely criticize Cameron's choice of brand name.  That, in itself, serves no purpose and it is also threadjacking the Challenger thread.  Double whammy.

Paul, please choose your words a little carefully before you go insulting the owner of the forums who actually came up with the Take Command! brand and line of products. 

Hope you enjoy the Duchess, Will.  Theo and I are always open to feedback.

Well, that can only be a matter of opinion. As this is a thread about the Challenger, I'll just say that if it was the same price as the CRJ, I'd buy the Challenger every time.

It certainly is a beautiful piece of work, and I myself have considered purchasing it. It's been on my eye for a while. :(

Hats off to dden for a job well done!