AMD GPU Vulkan flicker.

zeagull

Just now, zeagull said:

The issue is it does not affect completely stock X-Plane, only when you have addons installed, so AMD has almost no reason to patch it, there is no magic combination to preventing it really, just depends how said addons are made or implemented by the developer.

I would say that's not a valid reason for AMD to not accept a reason to patch. They clearly have an issue that only they can resolve, and add-ons have exposed that problem for them. An add-on to them is no different than X-Plane is in itself to them. At the end of the day, things are not running correctly on their hardware due to their own driver software issues.

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I would say that's not a valid reason for AMD to not accept a reason to patch. They clearly have an issue that only they can resolve, and add-ons have exposed that problem for them. An add-on to them is no different than X-Plane is in itself to them. At the end of the day, things are not running correctly on their hardware due to their own driver software issues.

Yeah well it seems AMD thinks otherwise, remember a while back there was the Vulkan crashing issue that affected the base game and they patched that almost instantly, its even in their driver notes

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have a fix if you're running a 5000 or 6000 series card!  Older drivers that aren't cleaned out could be causing you issues.

In the Discord we were discussing this, and it was mentioned that AMD thought it wasn't effecting the newer generation cards with RDNA Architecture.  I did a quick search and found that the 5000 series has RDNA and the 6000 series has RDNA 2.  Another helpful user asked when I installed Windows, as there could be remnants of older drivers that could be causing issues.  I've had my RX 5700 XT for about three years, and have used the AMD driver removal tool a couple times recently for other issues.  I did a quick search for drivers using pnputil -enum-drivers  in the command screen and sure enough had a lot of similar driver numbers showing.  I ran a Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode (This one specifically) and then just reinstalled the AMD drivers.  Now when I load in using Enhanced Skyscapes I don't get a flicker on any screens or the tail.

It does however flicker when x-plane loses focus, and I haven't done any flights to test over an extended period of time!  Hopefully this is helpful!

i tried everything without success, even a complete clean windows installation, ddu driver cleaner, dozen of amd drivers, amerineZ custom drivers, 2 linux distro even with mesa drivers, now i'm simming  in opengl at 25fps on Windows 10.

and for sure i will never buy an amd product again in my life, i can still remember couple years ago while choosing between a gtx 1060 or rx480 and got the last one only because vulkan was the future and AMD was ahead. in fact turning vulkan on i jump from 25fps to a 45-50fps and it's a huge improvement, a whole world of improvement but cannot flying cl650 with those flickering screens. so now i really don't know what is going on, I have 3 FF products, 2 flyjsim, ixeg, concorde, 2 hotstart and a dozen of free aircraft and got flickering only with the tbm9 and cl650. 

and last month since i really enjoy the cl650 i fly all the time in opengl without vatsim (disconnecting when got <20fps) but for sure i can say fu** you amd and fu** you cryptominers

Edited by kecm80

• 7 months later...