Not again! Plugin is asking for email and password

x-cirrus

Is there a way to save the email and password so that I would not have to enter it every X number of days? I do not know how frequently that happens but it seems that every time I start x-plane and choose SR22 I have to enter email and password. Why? Can't plugin just save my credentials?

Also while I am looking for my password SR22 engine is running and if I am not quick enough entering password then engine stops and I have a classic "cannot start SR22" problem.

18 hours ago, x-cirrus said:

Is there a way to save the email and password so that I would not have to enter it every X number of days? I do not know how frequently that happens but it seems that every time I start x-plane and choose SR22 I have to enter email and password. Why? Can't plugin just save my credentials?

Also while I am looking for my password SR22 engine is running and if I am not quick enough entering password then engine stops and I have a classic "cannot start SR22" problem.

Gizmo should be saving the license file for 14 days. In Gizmo preferences within X-Plane, you can make sure these 2 main boxes are checked:

967400759_CleanShot2020-12-21at12_06.45@2x.thumb.png.75272f31a6c6454d17a91b8949d3ac70.png

This also sounds like there is potentially the folder marked as read-only or something that prevents Gizmo from saving the license file to disk. @Cameron might have a better idea for debugging?

"better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" 

Use a real password manager. 

I did some reading up on the windows credential manager, it has a very mixed reputation. Do not recommend. 

There seem to be several trivial ways for a trusted process/app to dump its content in plain text. 

Edited by Ben Russell
  • Like 1