CTD loading SR22 variant

sdflyer

Hey Coop, I had a weird issue where I had a windows update, had to reactivate, and now it's not working. It seemed to have activated (I loaded but had errands to do, so I quit, and windows updated). I've tried the C172 thing, and that appears to get it to work, but now I'm getting CTD when loading. I've only tried the variant thus far. Going to try the regular one now.

23 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

By the way when I click on inspection item in maintenance  menu nothing happens. Shouldn't inspection window pup up or something?

We will be adding a GUI flag to make it clear as this was poorly documented, when you run the inspection, the system outputs a custom generated maintenance report. This is viewable in X-Plane 11/SR22/logbook and each inspection will show a report showing what was performed!

20 minutes ago, Ant1matt3r said:

Every time I load in the turbo version I CTD.

I'm done trying. I want to enjoy my purchase. Going to fly the normal variant since I know that works. 

I was having the same problem with the turbo version. I removed all of the plugins except Gizmo and the problem went away. I have been slowly adding the plugins back, but I haven’t found the conflict yet.

2 minutes ago, slimjim said:

I was having the same problem with the turbo version. I removed all of the plugins except Gizmo and the problem went away. I have been slowly adding the plugins back, but I haven’t found the conflict yet.

Let me know what you find, we are still digging into this from all fronts on our end as well. 

• Like 1

just to add to the case study. 

1. load SR22 crash during activation

2. load SR22 worked fine

3. switched to SR22TN, crash

4. load SR22TN, crash

5. load C172, then SR22TN worked fine.

6. switch to SR22, crash

Gizmo beta, XP b16

Edited by freezer41

9 minutes ago, freezer41 said:

just to add to the case study. 

1. load SR22 crash during activation

2. load SR22 worked fine

3. switched to SR22TN, crash

4. load SR22TN, crash

5. load C172, then SR22TN worked fine.

Gizmo beta, XP b16

Sounds like you're in the Mac camp? : 

PC here. Same results as @freezer41 . Crashed during activation. Reload the sim, select SR22TN loads fine. Can't start it. Reload into the SR22, can't start it. Select to swap to SR22TN crash. Always back to desktop. Gizmo log is showing it's activated. Xplane log shows OpenGWS stopped and SR22 physics plugin stopped right before crash. This has not been a great experience so far. I'll help where I can if there's something specific we can report that might help.

XPLM is what is apparently causing my CTDs right now, according to my log. LMK if you all want to see it, I'll be happy to share. 

So this is what I have done today:

1. Installed the plane - initially, all was fine - loaded in, loaded the TN, it worked fine, started up, engine fine, had to do errands, closed the sim.

2. Windows updated to new build. Logged into X-Plane. Had to re-authenticate with X-Aviation. Did so. CTD.

3. Came to forum, read Cameron's thread, uninstalled / reinstalled, loaded default C172, updated license, loaded TN, right panel stayed black, starter would not engage. Switches appeared to operate, but did nothing. 

4. Loaded regular model - success! Was able to start plane again. Had family over, had to log out. 

5. Launched X-Plane again. Tried TN again. TN doesn't work. Tried to load in regular plane. CTD - XPLM plugin. 

When the CTD occurs, a reboot is required - so a dependency I can't easily identify is preventing X-Plane from launching (Steam edition - says X-Plane already running).

I can run the regular variant fine. 

I hope this helps! I just did a short flight from Riverside to Long Beach with a quick touch and go in Chino just to see how it feels, and it was wonderful. I'm sure it'll get sorted. Happy to be on the bleeding edge for this one - I loved the Islander, and want to continue my support (and really wanted a great SR-22!)

Finally managed to get it cranked. Not sure if user error or an issue. I loaded the standard SR22, then loaded the C172, then loaded the SR22TN. Seemed to start fine, but stubborn on the start. From watching CitationMax's stream it may have been me just simply having it wrong. CTD is only returning if I swap livery, plane type etc. So far flown ~1 hour with no issues.

15 minutes ago, qazme said:

Finally managed to get it cranked. Not sure if user error or an issue. I loaded the standard SR22, then loaded the C172, then loaded the SR22TN. Seemed to start fine, but stubborn on the start. From watching CitationMax's stream it may have been me just simply having it wrong. CTD is only returning if I swap livery, plane type etc. So far flown ~1 hour with no issues.

I'm happy to hear you've managed to get in the air. We'll definitely resolve the issues that cause roundabout situations like this.

• Like 1

Thanks Cameron for being so quick to give it a look. I'm now well into 3 hours of flight. Not finding any real issues once you get it into the air. I've stopped and reloaded the plane fresh once and the start up issue seems to be user error on my part. I think others might be having the same issue. I found it was from having either the throttle a touch too far forward or from flooding the prime. If I prime for 3 seconds and start to crank it's fine. If not I can pull the throttle back just a hair and it cranks right up.

The other issues I'm sure you all will resolve quickly. Once flying around this plane is brilliant, pair really well right along the TBM (granted different beast, but similar quality all around when it comes to system simulation and flight model quality!!)