Burned up the Engine

jpetran

I am just beginning to learn flight sims and somehow I burned up this engine. I have tried to reload the package, but it still comes up with the flames coming out the sides of the aircraft. What do I do to get back to a new plane. I have studied so this will probably not happen again. Please help. Thanks, Joe.
Name of product(s) - Put N/A for none: TBM900

Pathetic...

I purchased the TBM 900 about a month ago and have tried many times to get this P.O.S. going.
It's a beginner's nightmare.

I have many other planes from many different sources. 

When I purchase a new plane I 'check' the "Start with engines running" option in X-Plane, just to see how everything works.

Never had a problem, except with the TBM 900. I doesn't like this 'engines running' options.

So I tried unchecking this option, hoping for a Cold and Dark Start.

No luck... when the unit starts up.. the power is on to everything and I have:

CAUTION: The engine has accumulated fuel residue....

If I press the red X to get rid of the caution... the engine starts on fire!

I even tried the tutorial visdeo... it continues with the engine on fire!

There's only 3 things I want...

#1 - Checking the 'Start with engines running' option only means one thing... everything's good.
       - all I have to do is release the parking brake and go.
         (this is what any beginner  would expect)

#2 - If the  'Start with engines running' check is NOT checked....
      - a "FRESH" Cold & Dark state is expected... everytime without fail 
         NOTE the word FRESH
        (without residual things like cautions, fires, flat tires, etc. etc.)

#3 - When I press "Fix all Failures in X-Plane" I expect all failures to be FIXED.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Blueb said:

Pathetic...

I purchased the TBM 900 about a month ago and have tried many times to get this P.O.S. going.
It's a beginner's nightmare.

I have many other planes from many different sources. 

When I purchase a new plane I 'check' the "Start with engines running" option in X-Plane, just to see how everything works.

Never had a problem, except with the TBM 900. I doesn't like this 'engines running' options.

So I tried unchecking this option, hoping for a Cold and Dark Start.

No luck... when the unit starts up.. the power is on to everything and I have:

CAUTION: The engine has accumulated fuel residue....

If I press the red X to get rid of the caution... the engine starts on fire!

I even tried the tutorial visdeo... it continues with the engine on fire!

There's only 3 things I want...

#1 - Checking the 'Start with engines running' option only means one thing... everything's good.
       - all I have to do is release the parking brake and go.
         (this is what any beginner  would expect)

#2 - If the  'Start with engines running' check is NOT checked....
      - a "FRESH" Cold & Dark state is expected... everytime without fail 
         NOTE the word FRESH
        (without residual things like cautions, fires, flat tires, etc. etc.)

#3 - When I press "Fix all Failures in X-Plane" I expect all failures to be FIXED.

Pathetic?  P.O.S.??  Beginners nightmare???

Did you even read the first paragraph of the product page??

The X-Aviation Take Command! brand of products represents the very best of flight simulation immersion, and assures you this Hot Start product is one of the most sophisticated, study sim level aircraft available for X-Plane!  Real world pilots test and assist in the development of these products, and real world procedures are followed. It tells you these products are unlike any other product you've seen outside of the ever growing X-Aviation catalog! 

We're always available to help people get going in any of our products, should they have any difficulties at all.  No question is a stupid question.  All you had to do was ask, and you would have had access to us, the developers, and also the wider TBM community, to help you get going.  Many of our customers are more than willing to help.  

This being your first post in these forums is one hell of an introduction.

Despite all this, we are more than willing to help, should you need it, however, may I suggest that you read the product description the next time you make a purchase.  I ALWAYS encourage making  informed decisions when it comes to purchases of anything.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 1

Thanks for replying Goran.

At this point I have no choice but to uninstall the product and try again to see if I can get it working.
Perhaps it will be a better experience.

Every user would agree that the 3 things I asked is something that should exist in any plane package.

Is there a reason why these 3 items are difficult to obtain?

Kind Regards, Blueb

57 minutes ago, Blueb said:

Thanks for replying Goran.

At this point I have no choice but to uninstall the product and try again to see if I can get it working.
Perhaps it will be a better experience.

Every user would agree that the 3 things I asked is something that should exist in any plane package.

Is there a reason why these 3 items are difficult to obtain?

Kind Regards, Blueb

1.  The aim of making a highly complex aircraft to begin with, was to allow people to get fully immersed in the experience of flying a TBM 900 by the numbers and by following real world ops. Once you go through an engine start a few times, it'll take you about a minute to get going from cold and dark.

2.  The fires that occur are not the fault of the TBM.  Scenery isn't perfect, and if a scenery tile is corrupted (which happens a lot in X-Plane), the TBM will drop onto the apron or runway.  Because of the realism of the landings, and the possibility of damaging the landing gear, there is no way to avoid damage when the aircraft gets dropped due to faulty scenery.  

3.  There is a fully functioning Maintenance Manager which does this for you, but it has a lot more detail.  Like how much repairs are (taken from real world ops) and what needs to be repaired.  

I've come across a small handful of people who want a quick start option, but after they take the time to learn (over the course of about 10 minutes) how to start the engines, it very quickly becomes second nature.  

As Ben said, the vast majority of our customers have said that all they fly now is the TBM.  And this is due to the detail we've managed to cram into it.  Have some patience, go through the procedures (it's a GA...how hard can it be??) and you'll get the hang of it in no time.

• Like 1

The aircraft remembers its last state.

I haven't even bothered to check if there is a fast way to set a cold and dark state because I treat it like a real aircraft (I fly IRL and to do otherwise is actually dangerous - try driving a racing them then immediately get into a real car - it isn't pretty).

The TBM is one of the easiest aircraft to get started. So long as you follow procedures and set things in the correct sequence, she'll start.

What this aircraft does have is lots of LIMITS and LIMITATIONS. These are the things that cause fires/burned engines/engine to be flooded.

I suggest just getting it loaded for a start, and accepting whatever state it is in. Next, manually shutdown the engine (pull the power lever to CUTOFF and close the fuel valve).

On the overhead, leave the batteries ON (crash bar UP), but switch everything else OFF.

Once that is done, set the crash bar to OFF.

If you have a fire, now is the time to go into the maintenance hangar and repair everything.

After this, she should be far better behaved when loading up.

Let us know if you can't stop the sim and reload without an issue.

Edited by EGT