Throttle not responding to user input

Hi,

I bought the IXEG yesterday and have thus far been unable to fly it due to the above issue. The planes thrust just won't respond to my inputs whatsoever. The buttons on my throttle work fine but the plane will not respond to throttle movements whatsoever. I've checked and it works fine with other aircraft. These are the steps I've taken so far; unplug and plug back in throttle, try to use keyboard input, assign and reassign controls and a few other things. The engines aren't only spooling up but the throttle in the VC is also not working. I am using X Plane 11. Any advice or guidance at all?

Thanks

Josh

I've done that a few times to no avail. I've attached a video of me trying to adjust the throttles although you'll have to excuse the poor quality and take my word that I'm trying multiple times via the keyboard, hand, and throttle to advance the throttle.

Edited by JoshBlack3

We haven´t heard that one before, but it may be possible that you are assigning the throttle to some wrong throttle command. Try browsing the list, there may be another, more generic throttle command. I can´t see what you selected, due to the poor quality of the video, can you tell me which command you assigned to your left and right hardware throttle?

If some other axis is assigned to throttle, it is likely that you can´t move them with mouse or keys at all.

Cheers, Jan

This is an assingment problem or a corrupt assignment file

1. You may delete the file /xplane 11/output/preferences/x-plane joystick settings.prf

or

2. You may attach here the same file (there is an attachment option down here on the post edit) for us to verify how axis were assigned

edit: the video has really poor quality but i can see your joystick has several hardware modules, verify on the top pickdown no other module has an axis also assigned to throttle

Edited by mmerelles

Hi Josh,

I just doublechecked on my installation with 11.25b1 and my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle - this is the way I have it set up and both thrust levers work independently with this:

688104303_Throttlesetup.thumb.jpg.1fe7149f21277e67f770d34e4c85acbd.jpg

Doublecheck that no other input device is interfering, especially some plugins like "fly with lua" and such have a history of doing magic - sometimes in an undesired way ;).

Let us know how it goes, we will stay with you until it works!

Jan

Ok so I tried it with all my plugins disabled and it didn't work still. Here is a screenshot of my controller assignments. Every other button works on the throttle except the throttle axis and it all works on other planes this one being the only exception. Do you have any more ideas? Thanks for all the help, by the way, it is outstanding and above and beyond. It is such a strange thing to happen and I've never had anything like this before like I say with other aircraft.

image.thumb.png.2aa366f012e276ecdd01c9875b012121.png

Very strange indeed, especially since it is working with other aircraft! We are not really doing anything "custom" with our throttles - except for when the autothrottle is engaged, at that time control of the thrust levers is taken from the hardware, but that should only come into play if you actually engage the autothrottle in a command mode.

I would also try to click the "Reset to Defaults for Saitek Pro..." option shown on the screen, and also do this for the Joystick and Rudders (if you have them) - this is to rule out that you have some other axis set to interfere with throttle control (like reverse thrust or the like).

One last thing to try: Disconnect your throttle and joystick and try to use the default keys to move the thrust levers - F1/F2, if I remember correctly. See if that works.

I am sure it is something specific to your setup, since this is the first time we have had that problem in 2 years of selling the product - and there are many people using your hardware as well...:wacko:

Cheers, Jan

Hi Josh,

can you post your LOG.TXT file (you will find it in your main X-Plane directory) after running the IXEG 737 and then shutting down X-Plane? Maybe that will give us a hint.

If all else fails, delete all your preferences https://www.x-plane.com/kb/deleting-preferences/

and see if that helps?

Other than that, I am totally out of ideas... :-(

Maybe you can find someone really tech, hardware and X-Plane savvy that could take a look? I am sure it is something easy that we are missing, but its very hard to diagnose this sort of thing over the forums.

Good luck, Jan

Hi,

I've attached the log. Deleting all my preferences didn't work. I've also updated my drivers for the HOTAS and it didn't work. It's also worth noting that when in autothrottle the display in the corner shows the physical position of my throttle at 0 while x plane in the control menu can clearly detect my throttle movements. I would, therefore, suggest that there is a disparity between what x plane receives and what the IXEG receives.

Thanks

Josh

Log.txt

Keep in mind that X-Plane 11 allows for aircraft-specific input profiles.

It could be that you have accidentally assigned a profile to the IXEG which has no (or an incorrect) mapping of the throttle axis. Can you check if there are any profiles other than the default and if one of them is assigned to the IXEG?

However, deleting the prefs should have taken care of this. But who knows...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the exact same problem now. It has been working fine until yesterday.

I have tried the following:

- Deleted all the pref files
- Re-installed the plane twice (did delete the folder before)
- Updated the license twice via Gizmo
- Calibrated the throttle (Warthog) both in Windows and in X-plane
- Restarted computer

As described above. I cannot move the throttle at all. Not with the mouse, not with F2.

This is my favorite plane, so really hoping someone can help.

Best regards

Michael

Wow, that is really puzzling. Did something happen yesterday that you can put your fingers on? Like a windows update, maybe? Or an update to X-Plane?

In flying planes they taught me: When the engine quits, remember what the last thing was that you did (like move the fuel selector, lean the mixture etc.) and rule out that that is the problem...

We certainly haven´t changed anything at all (yeah, I know...) over the last weeks, and I am also running the latest beta 11.25b1 and windows version (I also have the Warthog HOTAS throttle) and everything works a-ok on my end...

Lets see if someone else has an idea...

Cheers, Jan

Try to output datarefs 25 and 26 to screen (throttle commanded and throttle actual) and see if they react when you move your throttle.

Also make sure that your joystick throttle(s) is set to Throttle or Throttle 1 and Throttle 2.

I HAVE HAD some quirky behaviour when using a custom joystick profile (instead of the default one), that is also something to rule out. However - grabbing the throttle with the mouse or using F1/F2 should work regardless...

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you for quick reply, and suggestions to solve the issue.

I have solved the issue now. As you mentioned, I started backtracking my changes. I have found that XPUIPC prevents the throttle to respond. Apparently XPUIPC monitors the throttle to output information to 3. party apps. In my case I use ProjectFly and XPUIPC to feed the data.

When I removed XPUIPC from the plugin folder, everything worked as it should.

Best regards

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Two weeks later and I can finally fly the plane. Like you deleting XPUIPC solved the problem. It's a shame I won't be able to track flights but I just am looking forward to actually flying the plane. I had previously disabled plugins but I had to physically delete XPUIPC for it to actually have an effect.

Thanks a bunch

Josh

• Like 1

Seems that the problem is only present with the latest (or later) version(s) of XPUIPC.

Here a user was able to resolve it by reverting to the initial 2.0.0.0 release:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/14345-assigned-throttle-axes-dont-work/

Although the author's site seems to be down or under construction, there's an archived version available: https://web.archive.org/web/20171109165154/http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/XPUIPC.html

Edited by mgeiss
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2