You choose the next side project...

Goran_M

What add on would you like Theo and I to make as a side project?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What add on would you like Theo and I to make as a side project?

• DC-3
    • F-14D Tomcat
    • Beech Duke (Royal Turbine Engines) 301kts!!!
    • Hamilton Island airport scenery
    • Beech 1900D

As we near the finish line for the Saab, I thought I would post this.

I plan on doing a side project.  When I say "side project", I mean something that can occupy my time while Theo textures the 747-200 and -400 (which will take about 2-3 months).  The modelling for the 742/744 is about 90% done so I will have a lot of time on my hands while they get textured.  So to keep me occupied, I have managed to collect a lot of documentation in the last few months on a few aircraft I would like to make.  However, I would like to leave the final decision to a poll.

This side project will start after I finish some other work.  2 jobs that will take priority for January are the Duchess update and Sundowner update.  These updates will be the last for these 2 aircraft.

I'm not limiting myself to the shortlist.  If another choice is very popular, I will consider it.  I have a large amount of documentation on all 3 of the listed aircraft. 

Look forward to seeing the results.

BTW, I might mention, to avoid going crazy while working on the Saab, I actually started on the Duke and DC-3 around July last year.  

I was only working on them maybe 2 days out of every 3-4 weeks.  Just for a change.  It's like eating the same cereal every day for months.  Sometimes you just want something else before going back.

The F-14 was an aircraft I always liked and only considered doing it about 2 weeks ago.

I plan on making the DC-3, F-14 AND the Duke, but which one comes first will be decided by the poll.

Of course, if the scenery gets voted for, then I'll do that first but if not, then I'll do it at a much later date.

Anyway, the beginnings of the DC-3 and the Duke.

(Duke exterior is done except for the control surfaces but cannot, for the life of me, find the screenshots.)

DC-3 exterior

yafaray20100919003649.th.png

yafaray20100918230030.th.png

Duke Panel

dukepanel.th.jpg

dukepanel1.th.jpg

Oh yes...Theo was BUSTING to tell everyone about the DC-3 in the aircraft request thread in the General Discussion. He eventually HINTED that it was being made by SOMEONE.

G, Good to see the DC3 come to life.

I'm gonna be naughty and say that although I voted for the 3, we'd love you to put yours and Theo's skills to a scenery! See if you can beat Javier's LESA  ;D

The scenery would be very easy.  MUCH easier than making an aircraft.  An aircraft has panel regions, clickspots, manipulators, animations, etc...

Scenery...does not.

We will do scenery.  When...is a matter of aircraft work.  Maybe Hamilton Island will be the 2nd side project to the 747.

Since Theo is a very talented programmer, have you ever thought of making a scenery complete with baggage carts, fuel trucks, Jet ways and various other vehicles that make an airport come to life? I know of a single plugin able to do this but it is still in beta stage. An scenery that has been Goranified and Theofied would be an absolute treat  :)

The scenery would be very easy.  MUCH easier than making an aircraft.  An aircraft has panel regions, clickspots, manipulators, animations, etc...

Scenery...does not.

Ah, but the best scenery DOES have animations, one day I want to learn that as well. Agree though, it must be much easier than fitting in each component perfectly into a confined space. Not to mention land based objects not having aerodynamic/planemaker variables to consider!

A single HSI would be more intricate than most scenery objects, maybe excluding Cork EICK's monster terminal..

So yeah, u should be able to whip up A FEW sceneries inbetween peaks, then scatter them with your planes as objects. A challenging but popular strip would be CONNELLAN, Uluru(aka Ayers Rock), Chip and I were starting on that before XPFR invited us to do their (now we know!) fairly big LFPN project. Sheesh, 50 buildings!!

Get Eric to do coverage of central Australia and there u have it, an amazing, world beating scenery package, Oprah will have everyone wanting to fly over it ;D

Since Theo is a very talented programmer, have you ever thought of making a scenery complete with baggage carts, fuel trucks, Jet ways and various other vehicles that make an airport come to life? I know of a single plugin able to do this but it is still in beta stage. An scenery that has been Goranified and Theofied would be an absolute treat  :)

Goranified and Theofied? 

That's going in the features lists from now on.

"Goranified Modelling and Theofied texturing".

We'll see what we can do with airport traffic.

We made a transponder glow, I'm sure we can manage some traffic.

Since Theo is a very talented programmer, have you ever thought of making a scenery complete with baggage carts, fuel trucks, Jet ways and various other vehicles that make an airport come to life? I know of a single plugin able to do this but it is still in beta stage. An scenery that has been Goranified and Theofied would be an absolute treat  :(

Goranified and Theofied? 

That's going in the features lists from now on.

"Goranified Modelling and Theofied texturing".

We'll see what we can do with airport traffic.

We made a transponder glow, I'm sure we can manage some traffic.

Synonyms: Making something awesome, Something epic, Something everyone wants, Some of X-Plane's best addons, epic devs  :)

;D ;D