SkyMaxx Pro v4 Announcement!

Cameron

1 minute ago, donnergurke said:

Good for you if you do not have to count every penny. Seeing your arrogant behavour towards everybody making a point towards the pricing makes me wonder why you dont jus't donate towards cameron or the community so that every flight sim enthusiast, even the once with small pockets, can get their hands on this product?

I could start a rant now how almost every x-plane dev has failed for years to understand the flight sim market economies and dynamics and their potential for x-plane but i decided this is not the right place. You can get an idea if you listen to the comments made by Reed Stough (Dovetail Games) or Mathijs Kok (CEO, Aerosoft) during the last two years flight sim conferences.

I understand people are complaining about the pricing policy. SMP1 40$? + SMP2 20$ + SMP3 20 $ + RWC 20$ + SMP 20$ = 120$

I personally did not buy SMP1 because of what i read about it looked too much alpha-banana-software. I joined at SMP2 and felt it was still beta. For that reason and the performance disadvantage i left it disabled over 50% of my flight time. SMP3 in cojunction with RWC finally could remotely reach the quality of addons like ActiveSkyEvolution or Opus. I also paid for Updates to Active Sky2012 and ActiveSkyNext (total sum spent for ActiveSky=100$). Do i need to compare ASN to SMP4 in terms of features and quality? Now ask yourself why so many people are still sticking with P3D/FSX instead of joining x-plane and why you are not gaining this piece of the customer cake. I tell you, it is not solely the quality of addons.

I won't double what Vasily said but still have to admit that he had a point with the cloud design. SMP clouds compared to what i see when i look outside of the window (and that also quite often is the window of an airplane) or what i see in xenviro preview are behind in terms of colouring, diversity, spread, shape and size.

Regarding Vasily, let me add that i found it quite hillarious how he complained about Maxx-XP demanding money for upgrades but just announced that he will have the same model with x-enviro. Sad that this piece of promising software is being developed by this kind of guy. I am afraid he will loose the competition before it has even started and in the end we all loose because there is no competition.

Finally, i still appreciate the work of Maxx-XP and probably will also support and credit their ongoing efforts by upgrading to SMP4 because it is an enhanced experience in terms of eye candy and finally seems to even deliver significantly improved performance over x-planes built in clouds (fingers crossed). As a suggestion with regards to what kjhkent, samgab and airfrancepilote said about your "loyal" cutomers and supporters maybe think of adding an extra 5+% discount for customers that are already here since Version 1/2.

One final hint. If you want customers to continue feeding back start moderating, stop administrating. Moderating, censoring and banning have nothing in common.

My post was to point out that I DO NOT have mountains of money.

Your rant does not even deserve to be addressed.

You have no idea how tempting it is to say "fuck it" and walk away every time an idiot likes you comes in hurling abuse.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, donnergurke said:

Good for you if you do not have to count every penny. Seeing your arrogant behavour towards everybody making a point towards the pricing makes me wonder why you dont jus't donate towards cameron or the community so that every flight sim enthusiast, even the once with small pockets, can get their hands on this product?

Ben has done so much donating in his 10 years of time with me it's not even funny. The dude is more of a class act than you may realize.

I understand people are complaining about the pricing policy. SMP1 40$? + SMP2 20$ + SMP3 20 $ + RWC 20$ + SMP 20$ = 120$

SMP2 was $0. Free.

One final hint. If you want customers to continue feeding back start moderating, stop administrating. Moderating, censoring and banning have nothing in common.

The guy that got banned from Blue Sky Star in this thread joins a very small list of people banned in the last eight years. If we censored his post would be gone..it's not. But, his type of behavior is repeated from a few months ago. It was time to administrate and not moderate this time.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Ben has done so much donating in his 10 years of time with me it's not even funny. The dude is more of a class act than you may realize.

Allright, i might not have gotten the point of Ben then and feel sorry if he felt personally offended. If it wasn't him instantly confirming my picture of him i would have asked for an excuse but i can deal with him just being on my ignore list.

33 minutes ago, Cameron said:

SMP2 was $0. Free.

That's a SMP2 40$ + SMP3 20 $ + RWC 20$ + SMP 20$ = 100$ then, which will still put SMP on the has-to-compete-with list with extraordinary FSX/P3D addons.

36 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The guy that got banned from Blue Sky Star in this thread joins a very small list of people banned in the last eight years. If we censored his post would be gone..it's not. But, his type of behavior is repeated from a few months ago. It was time to administrate and not moderate this time.

I was also refering this to Tom Knudsen. Put yourself in the shoes of a potential new customer or existing customer coming to your forum, excited, wanting to read about the news of a very interesting product.

What you see is customers having their posts removed, market companions geting baned and other forum members ranting about your customers having legal concerns about the product pricing. In the end we are on the same page here i think. We are trying to increase the level of immersion in x-plane and make x-plane and the community great. If i fail to make a visible point help me to explain myself.

13 minutes ago, donnergurke said:

What you see is customers having their posts removed

It's not plural. It was one person, and it was confronted. The post had next to little to do with this thread at all and was a deliberate attempt at provocation to another member in this topic. Not the place for it in a product announcement thread.

market companions geting baned

Again, not plural. One guy, who has a clear history and I don't think many would disagree his posts didn't warrant such an action. They're still here for all to read and gain context.

other forum members ranting about your customers having legal concerns about the product pricing

So what? No one is holding a gun to anyone's head. You have the option to buy the product or not. It's not as if this is all too uncommon a practice in ANY business arena. You either want to upgrade or you don't, and if you do, we're extending a very generous 50% off. I wish more companies would do this for other software I own.

Read this thread in its entirety. You'll quickly find most people are more thankful than disgruntled. I don't see many issues here.

5 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Again, not plural.

I am not a native speaker but i think there still is a generic masculinum in English grammar.

12 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Read this thread in its entirety. You'll quickly find most people are more thankful than disgruntled. I don't see many issues here.

I am a sales guy. When i am in a room with 10 people, i dont care about the 9 people agreeing with me. I handle the one guy with concerns.

If you don't see an issue there i am done with this Forum and kindly thank for your attention.

24 minutes ago, donnergurke said:

I am a sales guy. When i am in a room with 10 people, i dont care about the 9 people agreeing with me. I handle the one guy with concerns.

Sure, but my interest in convincing a young kid who relies on his parents money is not my interpretation of a good use of time. You need to remember a sub-section of our market consists of these younger guys with no money. It is these people who generally "pipe up". Such was the case in this thread. He's quite young.

24 minutes ago, donnergurke said:

...and kindly thank for your attention.

No problem!

Looks Great.

More than happy to pay for the upgrade from v3 to v4 for your technical teams commitment to excellence.

I too, have had a few hitches along the way. Gizmo64 breaking recently was one of those hitches.

Compared to real world flying, x-plane, and the add-on's are a bargain.

Looking forward to V4.

Thanks guys.

1 minute ago, davidH said:

Looks Great.

More than happy to pay for the upgrade from v3 to v4 for your technical teams commitment to excellence.

I too, have had a few hitches along the way. Gizmo64 breaking recently was one of those hitches.

Compared to real world flying, x-plane, and the add-on's are a bargain.

Looking forward to V4.

Thanks guys.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks for the continued support.

35 minutes ago, donnergurke said:

I am not a native speaker but i think there still is a generic masculinum in English grammar.

If you don't see an issue there i am done with this Forum and kindly thank for your attention.

As a "sales guy" I'm certain you have had days where "that customer" comes in. Pissed off and angry right from the word go for no real reason except that they want to complain.

You sir, are that person for me today.

As a "sales guy" the only reason you put up with that customers bullshit is because your boss will fire you if you tell them they're being an asshole.

One of the few benefits of working for myself is that I no longer have to put up with bullshit from assholes like you. I can call it as it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

On ‎28‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 0:12 AM, Ben Russell said:

As a "sales guy" I'm certain you have had days where "that customer" comes in. Pissed off and angry right from the word go for no real reason except that they want to complain.

You sir, are that person for me today.

As a "sales guy" the only reason you put up with that customers bullshit is because your boss will fire you if you tell them they're being an asshole.

One of the few benefits of working for myself is that I no longer have to put up with bullshit from assholes like you. I can call it as it is.

Isn't this exactly the kind of conversation Cameron is banning other people for such a comment?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, JohnMAXX said:

Well, if you compare ASN + REX f.i in P3D you will notice that within heavy cloud conditions the sky if Full of clouds until a certain height, if I look at xplane skymaxx full cloud settings I can see lot of big holes between cloud, it is like the saturation is limited to 25%. In addition within skymaxx videos below the overcast layer there is always lot of empty no cloud space, in terms of layers.

it also seems that within the weather management of xp 11 only very few layers can be set and results seem to confirm the three layers limit.

I do not own xp but many owners confirm the three layers limit

On 10/24/2016 at 3:20 PM, ayarov said:
25 minutes ago, Mark V said:

Well, if you compare ASN + REX f.i in P3D you will notice that within heavy cloud conditions the sky if Full of clouds until a certain height, if I look at xplane skymaxx full cloud settings I can see lot of big holes between cloud, it is like the saturation is limited to 25%. In addition within skymaxx videos below the overcast layer there is always lot of empty no cloud space, in terms of layers.

it also seems that within the weather management of xp 11 only very few layers can be set and results seem to confirm the three layers limit.

I do not own xp but many owners confirm the three layers limit

I can assure you we broke through the 3 layer limit in x-plane.....

As far as the 25% coverage statement, not to sound to acute, how can you even quantify those results without having the product in hand.....I can assure you our dense particles and solid strataform covers very well...

There is a user interface with cloud density settings and draw distance sliders....

If someone is having poor results it may be a misunderstanding of the settings and they should seek support.....

Also rwc and SMP in conjunction display cloud positions as interpreted in a metar file, so if it's overcast in a certain spot, breaks in the cloud coverage may exist close by, this is a desired result and not a lack of cloyd coverage....

3 hours ago, JohnMAXX said:

I am harvesting infos because I am an old FSX and P3D guy who might join the dark side with xp 11 and SM Pro 4.

Last one pls, could you please post a link to a tube video which shows SMP rendering extremely dense clouds so that I can evaluate ? Thx in advance

26 minutes ago, Mark V said:

I am harvesting infos because I am an old FSX and P3D guy who might join the dark side with xp 11 and SM Pro 4.

Last one pls, could you please post a link to a tube video which shows SMP rendering extremely dense clouds so that I can evaluate ? Thx in advance

one is on its way....

Edited by JohnMAXX

I have to say it seems really good !

Thx for the video and pls remember to add a ton of HD clouds ! Then let the player set the quantity and density to match the pc power but the maximun allowed must be very very high and extremely dense !!

I am starting to like Skymaxx, keep up the good work and add a ton of clouds !

Thx

I was not satisfied with previous versions of skymaxx, i agree the clouds are beautiful and the effects really good, but the low clouds drawing distance was a definite setback for me... especially when you are FL300++ so this time I won't benefit the upgrade discount, I will wait to see the results on a similar computer as mine, then I'll buy it, or not... 

But I agree with the fact that the developers are doing a good job, trying to make their product better and better each time... keep up the good work folks... ;-)

7 hours ago, Mark V said:

I have to say it seems really good !

Thx for the video and pls remember to add a ton of HD clouds ! Then let the player set the quantity and density to match the pc power but the maximun allowed must be very very high and extremely dense !!

I am starting to like Skymaxx, keep up the good work and add a ton of clouds !

Thx

I can tell you my first gen i7 pc can handle the extended draw distance just fine....

Human eye can see no more than 80km while in air so, 320km is much more than enough.

Important is to have a full overcast, thick, consistent, heavy and majestic.

Clouds below must be so many that it is like swimming in a pool full of milk.

In one word, if you exagerate you will only see new potential customers flow, that's the ASN and REX success key.

Edited by Mark V

34 minutes ago, Mark V said:

Human eye can see no more than 80km while in air so, 320km is much more than enough.

Important is to have a full overcast, thick, consistent, heavy and majestic.

Clouds below must be so many that it is like swimming in a pool full of milk.

In one word, if you exagerate you will only see new potential customers flow, that's the ASN and REX success key.

We appreciate the feedback thank you. Our goal isn't to be like X or Z nor do we feel any need to adjust our efforts....

With that said we do listen to the community, especially users, and we taylor updates from recommendations...

Main difference between us and the other sim is the size of the market, as x-plane grows so does our resources....

We are successful also SMP is a very popular product and we will continue to strive for #1 with our efforts.....

• Upvote 2

• Cameron pinned, unpinned and locked this topic