TOGA power and go-around

29 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Hello

I had to do a go-around due to damn challenging winds. ;)

One question. When engaging TOGA I got about 87% N1, but when I engaged the autopilot the N1 increased to almost 93% N1. Normal behavior ?

Yes - the first push of the TOGA button will set a reduced go-around power. You can verify this by the FMA showing GA. Pushing a second time will give you full go-around power (N1).

Jan

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Yes - the first push of the TOGA button will set a reduced go-around power. You can verify this by the FMA showing GA. Pushing a second time will give you full go-around power (N1).

Jan

Ahh.. My bad, I acually heard about that in some video. 

Thank you. ^^

• Upvote 2

• 4 years later...

I just had 3 go arounds at Dublin (winds), and thought on the first one I got 53%!  Then used manual throttle to give me an estimated power.  I recording it, and will watch the video's back and see if I can see what I did wrong.  Although after I watched Tom's approach, I see he had the AT in arm, I flew this approach with it off, I'm not familiar with the way Tom uses the AT?

On a "similar" subject Jan.  My first approach I had about 3200kg of fuel, I normally land with about 3000-4000kg. 

-What amount of fuel would YOU declare as a fuel emergency?

- Is this a fixed amount by the FAA or varies company to company?

- Is the call to ATC a "Fuel emergency, ie declaring an emergency, or can a PAN PAN PAN be called".

- I was considering a diversion to Belfast where it was calm winds.  But is there a rule (FAA or SOP) that states after so many go-arounds,  you must divert?

I landed on the 4th attempt, with 2100kg.

Got it all recorded and will edit it one evening for your entertainment..at the expense of my lack of go-around practice.

Edited by Iain

• 3 years later...

Hi there

With the newest version for XP12 i cannot assign a go-around to any of my yoke-buttons. I cannot find the related dataref "ixeg/733/autopilot/TOGA" as mentionned in the documentation. I tried to assign "N1...something" but nothing happened when i pressed it during a go-around procedure, although i can press it at take off and the throttle will go to take-off-power. I am quite confused and would very much appreciate any help. Thank you.

Edited by frankbyte

50 minutes ago, frankbyte said:

Hi there

With the newest version for XP12 i cannot assign a go-around to any of my yoke-buttons. I cannot find the related dataref "ixeg/733/autopilot/TOGA" as mentionned in the documentation. I tried to assign "N1...something" but nothing happened when i pressed it during a go-around procedure, although i can press it at take off and the throttle will go to take-off-power. I am quite confused and would very much appreciate any help. Thank you.

Im sure you can use the default xplane one. Im sure I did

• Like 1