New SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 Screenshots (bandwidth warning!)

sundog

Here are some of the latest images of SkyMaxx Pro 2.0, which is currently at beta 11. We're cautiously optimistic this will be the version we ship. Thanks to our amazing beta testing team for providing some of these images.

A nice shot of cloud shadows and the new high-resolution cloud option:

shadowswater.JPG

Thunderstorms got a facelift as well:

zot.JPG

Nice shot of the new lens flare option:

lensflare2.JPG

I've posted this one before, but I just really like how it shows the cloud shadows and new cloud textures:

smp2-shadows-emma.JPG

Stormy conditions from above, coming out of a towering cumulus cloud:

stormy-above.JPG

Nicely composed shot showcasing cloud shadows and the new hi-res cloud puffs:

climbing.JPG

One more lens flare shot:

flare.JPG

That's enough for now :) Stay tuned for more details on the update.

• Upvote 13

Looks great!

How does OVC look at FL cruise?

We did push out the maximum draw distance you can set, so the clouds will extend a bit further than they used to if the visibility is high. As in Skymaxx Pro 1, the look of overcast at high altitude will depend on the cloud draw distance, current visibility, and overcast quality settings. People will be able to strike their own balance between visual quality and performance there.

I'm sure I see a couple of my screenshots there. Regarding the OC depending on how you have it set it looks amazing. One thing I will say and this isn't hyperbole, but literally very flight is a visual and screen shotters delight. The number of images I take on every flight has increased by a factor of 10. You can't help taking shots. I have to delete all my screen shots on a weekly basis as my xplane folder us just to full lol.

I promise you when you get this you will spend more time wiping the drool from your keyboard, so make sure you have wet wipes and tissues handy.

Wycliffe beta tester

• Upvote 3