Work in Progress Renders

Very simple avionics. 2 Nav Radios, 2 comm radios, 2 ADF's and a Transponder. All on the overhead panel. I've had to change the overhead radio panel from the earlier render I posted because the windows for the frequencies were too small to read. So I found another radio panel from the period that is much easier to read.

On the main panel, an RMI for the Left side that tunes to ADF 1 and NAV 1 and the right side will tune to Nav 2 and ADF 2. Marker Beacon indicator lights. Sperry Autopilot that has a heading hold function and a pitch hold function. No ILS. ILS is for whimps! :P

• 2 weeks later...

A small update to keep you informed.

Night lighting is being worked on. We still have a few panel regions to take care of for the radios.

Manual is half way done and then testing.

If things go smoothly, with no other problems, it will definitely be this month.

Oh man.. awesome video !

Please Leading Edge, don't miss that Legendary Aircraft, I really hope ( and I'm convinced you will !! ) that every part will be precisely modelled such cowl flaps, flaps, nose shape, different hinges, prop hub & blades, landing gear, sounds, flight model, procedures etc..

If it will, that will be a best seller, there aren't actually any serious DC-3 around for both leading sims, nor X-Plane or FSX, the MAAM DC-3 is old now and avaible DC3 for X-Plane are just old too..

I keep praying to see it modelled in what I call " a Leading Edge level ", the most perfect thing among airplanes devs..

Gotta love the old lighting systems.

You guys happen to be dabbling in radium paints? That stuff was widely used to make luminescent dials and markings on instruments.

I actually have three different compasses from World War Two, all of which are supposed to contain radium based markings. Of course the radium is no longer luminescent, but it is said to still be somewhat radioactive...