Work in Progress Renders

We're not ruling it out, but we're not saying definitely "yes, we'll do a modernized panel".

To make a more modernized panel means modelling a new panel from scratch, including overhead, and then re-texturing it, re-animating it, and making new panel regions and manipulators.. Because of the amount of work involved (about 6 weeks worth of full time work), it won't be a free upgrade.

However, I don't want to start anything by saying we're thinking of doing it. It's 50/50. We've got quite a few things going on at the moment and a modernized version of the DC-3 panel is somewhere in the middle of our job list...if we decide to go ahead with it.

We just want to get this DC-3 done (Floats and Wheels version), wrapped and packaged so we can move onto our next project. If we do a modernized panel, it'll be a side project.

We're not ruling it out, but we're not saying definitely "yes, we'll do a modernized panel".

To make a more modernized panel means modelling a new panel from scratch, including overhead, and then re-texturing it, re-animating it, and making new panel regions and manipulators.. Because of the amount of work involved (about 6 weeks worth of full time work), it won't be a free upgrade.

However, I don't want to start anything by saying we're thinking of doing it. It's 50/50. We've got quite a few things going on at the moment and a modernized version of the DC-3 panel is somewhere in the middle of our job list...if we decide to go ahead with it.

We just want to get this DC-3 done (Floats and Wheels version), wrapped and packaged so we can move onto our next project. If we do a modernized panel, it'll be a side project.

I understand completely, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to get the upgrade.

The only reason I was asking is because very few if any DC-3's are still flying with that panel configuration. Most are flying with something along the lines of this:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Buffalo-Airways/Douglas-C-47A-Skytrain/1926582/L/&sid=2044c95b994cfd75e2f8d701afb90c04

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Buffalo-Airways/Douglas-C-47A-Skytrain/2009678/L/&sid=2044c95b994cfd75e2f8d701afb90c04

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Buffalo-Airways/Douglas-C-47A-Skytrain/1692907/L/&sid=2044c95b994cfd75e2f8d701afb90c04

Work is progressing nicely and quickly now. Lukasz has wrapped up the systems code and the flight model. Theo is getting close to finishing the textures, but there is still the night lighting to do.

What I have so far animated on the panel and gauges is working very nicely.

We're pushing for a late December finish, but it depends on any problems we may find.

We're also trying to get the floats version finished at the same time as the wheel version.

In the meantime, a couple of screenshots in XP9.

screenshot13gm.png

screenshot12ps.png

Impressive .. So neat and clean for such vintage gauges... So we could expect an eventual release for around christmas, maybe a bit later ( early january ? )

Almost definitely.

There are a few small things that have to be sorted out, but it's looking like lat Dec/early Jan