Cessna 152 1.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1 update for the Cessna 152. All customers who have purchased the Cessna 152 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. Please follow these instructions carefully! For those that purchase the Cessna 152 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1 for you.

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

- Windscreen has been fixed.

- Turn slip has been fixed.

- Turn indicator and artificial horizon added.

- Reverse carb heat fixed.

- The airframe over stressing issue fixed.

- RPM rolling numbers replaced.

- Access ports under the wings improved.

- Nav lights fixed.

- Reversed temp gauge fixed.

- Trim wheel fixed.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested it for now on "generic" airport, LOWI and also found some interested difference between visible altimeter QNH value (29.7) and XPL internal altimeter  value (29.25).

Probably here is difference.

My version is 9.50 final (i.m. 9.50rc3), WinXP SP3 CZ,  and C152 1.1.

Hope this information and picture will help.

Added later:

I tested again, and set altimeter to visible value 29.9 (indicated as 29.74 on BARO value) and altimeter shows correctly 1893 ft (alt ftmsl and alt indicated are now same).

So problem is probably in calibration of altimeter QNH value with internal XPL value. Maybe related to 9.50, I can update to 9.55 if you want.

post-356-131369586613_thumb.jpg

here is one thing i do not understand, because you said that it would change with the update: performance, rpm and the like. it feels overpowered. i just easily reached 3100 rpm, a climb out of 1000ft/min at 90ias, and cruise way over 100 ias. i have to pull back on the yoke 50 percent in order to avoid exceeding the red line. and if i do, the plane seems to be a bit too slow for the setting . but: i am not a pilot, never been in a c152 

I think it is like before the update, but shouldn't there be a change?

here is one thing i do not understand, because you said that it would change with the update: performance, rpm and the like. it feels overpowered. i just easily reached 3100 rpm, a climb out of 1000ft/min at 90ias, and cruise way over 100 ias. i have to pull back on the yoke 50 percent in order to avoid exceeding the red line. and if i do, the plane seems to be a bit too slow for the setting . but: i am not a pilot, never been in a c152 

I think it is like before the update, but shouldn't there be a change?

Level flight, 112 knots, 2900rpm altimeter 29.8, weather calm, 38fps

Level flight, 112 knots, 2900rpm altimeter 29.8, weather calm, 38fps

what do you want to say?

thanks for checking, airbus. the main irritating thing is at climb out. as it is a fixed prop I would not expect it to go way beyond the red line (Jason chandlers c150 does not, just checked)

btw: baro works for me, but I use my goflight hardware to set it. 

Level flight, 112 knots, 2900rpm, altimeter 29.8, weather calm, 38fps  Should have continued that throttle at black band on the shaft of the control - cruise setting? Not sure if this is good or bad. Someone said earlier their personal 152 had similar RPM readings. However, FSX or XP planes I have seen (GA types) top out at 2500rpm. 

Airbus:

look at CDI (VOR indicator) too. I did try ILS approach, "localizer" needle is working fine but "glideslope" needle (GS) does not move.

In your model is red flag visible when device is receiving signal, most of CDI works reversely, flag is displayed when device does not have signal (I don't know what gauge type is in real C152).  Maybe you wittingly created gauge without GS (this can be on some VOR-only installation) but then must GS flag  show all time same value (in model GS flag is correctly changing but "glideslope" needle does not move).

In this file:

C:\X-Plane 9\Aircraft\General Aviation\4Forces Cessna 152\objects

I blocked this file by changing its file type with some zeros:

Windowin.00000obj

It is a very crude approach and XP will give you a minor error when loading a flight. Ignore it.

I am sure there is a more elegant tactic but I prefer to use the product rather than

play programmer.

I am not taking an absolute position on the reality of the "clean" windshield. At the factory that is a "real" windshield but with some tint. 6 months of use later it may not be. However, if the owner of the aircraft was annoyed by a dirty windshield they might spend the money to replace it periodically. Some nutty people do nutty things. I prefer the clean windshield so I can see the countryside as clearly as possible. Fortunately, I did not have to spend any money for my "nutty" obsession for a clean windshield!  ;D 

In the other direction the person who created the XP aircraft did "spend" time making the windshield dirty thus meeting his objectives of maximum reality for an aircraft that must be old and used since they have not been made for a few years. Nothing wrong with that so long as I can find an alternative.

I actually don't mind the "dirty" windshield.  It is one of the most realistic windshields I've seen in X-Plane.  I haven't tried anything to clean it and I probably won't.  However, if I were to try something, I'd probably go into Photoshop and make some adjustments there.  Speaking of Photoshop, when can we hope for a paint kit?  Any way we can talk you out of the PSD layered files?  I've only got about an hour in this plane, but I'm liking the way she flies and I'd love to personalize her exterior.

On another note, I noticed the altimeter issue, too.  And the rpm's are quite easy to exceed redline.  I tested my Chandler 150 last night and compared it with this 152.  They both have very similar handling, but the Chandler engine stays within the redline.  Not sure which is more realistic.