Test panel

rondon9897

Hi chaps,

I am very new to x-plane, but have been simming for many years and have a licence in real life. My Dad was a Saab pilot for some years, and so I jumped at the opportunity to buy an in-depth model. I haven't fully got into it yet (too busy), but intend on doing so and love what you've done with it it looks a really fine and in-depth sim, which is what I like. One thing I did notice was that none of the test functions are simulated, which surprised me a tad given the depth of the overall simulation. I just wondered if this would be implemented in the future? Would be a fantastic addition as I feel it's really the only major component that has been left out.

Excellent work guys, I shall get on to reading the manuals and taking this lovely aircraft around Scotland!

John

P.S. Also chaps, although I've re-run the installer, I think I've accidentally only installed the default Saab livery. Could you tell me how to get the Flybe livery?

Edited by rondon9897

John,

We didn't implement the test panel functionality because our consultants (all real-life Saab 340 pilots) told us they actually never use the test panel. As far as the future goes... who knows... we may implement this some day... never say never :)

I believe you can just re-run the installer and select the liveries that you wish to install.  

P.S. Also chaps, although I've re-run the installer, I think I've accidentally only installed the default Saab livery. Could you tell me how to get the Flybe livery?

Go here: X-Plane/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340

There you will find a file called S340A Livery Manager. Run it and download the liveries of your choice.

Thank you for the responses chaps I've got it now. I am very surprised that the Saab pilots said that - in fairness, not all of the tests are on the normal procedures but looking at my dad's old checklists, the fire test was definitely used. Like I say, I think it would just round the aircraft off beautifully.

Thanks for the help chaps,

John

We did discuss whether we wanted to add the Test panel, and we were prepared to go through with it, but after discussing it with the other pilots, 1 of them was my old flying instructor, all but 1 (my old flying instructor) said they never used it.  The pilot I knew said he used it only once in 6 years of flying the Saab.  And that was on the ground for the Aircraft Engineers.  So we questioned if pilots use the test panel so rarely, would it be worth the time invested to make one.  We unanimously decided against it.  To actually add the test panel functionality would have added a few more months of development time into the project.