MAXX FX Theme Overview.....

JohnMAXX

Work continues on MAXX FX and its time to give you an overview of the included themes.  I figured the best way to represent the impact this add-on will have to X-Plane was to highlight each one in the same scene so you can see the changes.

MAXX FX is born out of the idea that not everyone is happy with the colors in X-Plane 10.  This add-on gives the end user complete control to tweak and enhance the overall appearance.

Additionally our video guys in the community can now skip with post process filters and such....

MAXX FX is very FPS friendly, as a matter of fact it has little to no impact on frames.  The first 10 themes are what we call our "mild enhancements" and the last 10 are the more extreme.....

Users can create and share themes with the community using the "Power User" option and it works in both HDR and Non-HDR mode......

OK here is an overview of the included themes(all are live in sim), if you look at the naming conventions you can get an idea of what it does:

Mild

7JoUTUL.jpg

Tnge5vB.jpg

OpZjjte.jpg

Pd5ku5q.jpg

4K0NBAK.jpg

Ce0nAom.jpg

B6FshZO.jpg

dPNyCYx.jpg

yGwdddS.jpg

ugz3YzB.jpg

Extreme

loWErIX.jpg

ShEyPUL.jpg

ijLhLmj.jpg

K9ZVoGy.jpg

ZK7OZ3f.jpg

v9vSU1H.jpg

q046CNt.jpg

HAGD25P.jpg

aK1bFCT.jpg

njKmWj1.jpg

• Upvote 6

Red Shift will be my choice and of course some experimenting will be in place. Great job. :)

Was trying to call my cat JohnMAXX to show the appreciation but he is probably deaf like me, no response. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Things are getting really nice for XP, thank you all who is involved.  Cheers, AJ ;)

• Upvote 2

Red Shift will be my choice and of course some experimenting will be in place. Great job. :)

Was trying to call my cat JohnMAXX to show the appreciation but he is probably deaf like me, no response. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Things are getting really nice for XP, thank you all who is involved.  Cheers, AJ ;)

Funny you say that red shift and Technocolor are my favorites...... I do like running winter springs or Gunmetal with winter textures though.....

Ill be interested to see what users come up with over time....

AJ are you as tired of the snow as I am? 

Edited by JohnMAXX

He, he, Technocolor was my second choice, scarry what you said, lol.

I will check them all out when the software is ready.

Yes John, hate that damn snow, it is great for a snowman or skiing and look but not for driving. Have to go to NY Thursday , Carolina has an appointment for password ( she is from Venezuela), hate driving there AND it suppose to be snow and rain. :o

Excellent, now that this is a possibility John, how about some water themes

I remember him saying ( can't find the post ) it might happen at some points ...

This means the Triton water, is that right john ? I think with this, naval, floats, frigate and oil platforms ops will really got some neat interests ;-)

636557choppy.jpg

308097detailedsea.jpg

346134jonswap.jpg

973597sink.jpg

>>> http://sundog-soft.com/sds/evaluate/gallery/?nggpage=5 <<<

John, you are now the greatest person in the X-Plane world. Thank you for all this. It is AMAZING. I also want to add... thank you for doing this. Before this addon, I never realized how bland X-Plane was (and also how poorly it simulated things like tropical sunshine and the contrast in real-life ground colours)... Along with SkyMAXX I think these things should be basically the go-to product that people should buy immediately after purchasing X-Plane.

Edited by Colin S
  • Upvote 1

I remember him saying ( can't find the post ) it might happen at some points ...

This means the Triton water, is that right john ? I think with this, naval, floats, frigate and oil platforms ops will really got some neat interests ;-)

636557choppy.jpg

308097detailedsea.jpg

346134jonswap.jpg

973597sink.jpg

WOW! HOLY SHAT! :D   Marry me John :P  :lol:

First John had crash on Goran's back ... Now Harry wants to marry John ...hmmm..lol,lol,lol,lol

Love some humor here guys and seriously, awesome job john and SkyMax Pro and X-Aviation Team.

Cheers, AJ

P.S. In New York now, waiting for appointment in Venezuelan Embassy while I should be flying SAAB and experimenting with SMP, sucks!

• Upvote 1

636557choppy.jpg

308097detailedsea.jpg

346134jonswap.jpg

973597sink.jpg

636557choppy.jpg

308097detailedsea.jpg

346134jonswap.jpg

973597sink.jpg

MAX XP WATER ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance to bring that into X-Plane??? 

Also, please fix the shaders to project shadows from the clouds. It would be nice to have them coupled with the new effects from Real Terra Haze...

Cloud shadows are not going to happen anytime soon, there is a limitation in the X-Plane SDK right now....

Who knows what the future will bring, obviously we would love to bring Trition into XPX,  we are breaking new ground and a lot of help will have to come from Laminar to make these things a reality....

Never say never

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You just said it, Tom. :D

Just kidding, I am watching all these recent threads and it is pretty exciting to see the new changes.

Waiting for the day when we can just fly X-plane maxed out without all investigations , scripts etc. :D

I am not saying that it will never happen.

Cheers, AJ ;)

Purhaps it just a cheep rip off or reason for consern?

Anyway here is BLU-FX and from what I can see it does the same thing as the payware MAXXP

http://bwravencl.de/files/x-plane/blu_fx.htm

A mix of both. In reality it's very basic and utilizes some very basic/not as nice shaders and effects as that of Maxx FX.

I won't get into the legal issues at this time while we deal with that aspect.

Back on topic please. :-)

Purhaps it just a cheep rip off or reason for consern?

Anyway here is BLU-FX and from what I can see it does the same thing as the payware MAXXP

http://bwravencl.de/files/x-plane/blu_fx.htm

I think it may be a little disrespectful to potential customers in another direction in this forum section. I could understand if you did it in another part of this site's forum, but to place it here seems to be a tad bit lacking in taste and tact.