Heinz 787

WombatBoy

I've seen exact replicas of those screen shots somewhere.... I think it was on the Abacus site  ;D

:) I would say it looks better than Abacus where the virtual cockpit is a joke with default 737-400 radio gauges. But it's the same price and if you compare the systems it's close to Abacus.

If I want to fly a liner, I still prefer using a good old Level-D 767-300ER on FS2004. A great product.

I own the abacus 787, and Heinz's offering certainly appears to be better than that (the abacus 787 doesn't have the cut aways in the engines, and the cockpit looks a little worse from memory).

I don't think I'll get this one, because Heinz's cockpit does to me look 'cartoonish' and the textures inside and out appear too plain - as in plain colour.

Best of luck to him with it though as I think he has surpassed his previous work with this one.

I own the abacus 787, and Heinz's offering certainly appears to be better than that (the abacus 787 doesn't have the cut aways in the engines, and the cockpit looks a little worse from memory).

I don't think I'll get this one, because Heinz's cockpit does to me look 'cartoonish' and the textures inside and out appear too plain - as in plain colour.

Best of luck to him with it though as I think he has surpassed his previous work with this one.

Agreed, he's surpassed his previous work, but IMHO it's nothing in comparison to Javier's or Goran's work. I think the 787 could have been an good airliner for XP if he had worked on the cockpit more, less "cartoonish" as you mentioned textures, and more modeling then just the basic cockpit.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, I hate to say it but this plane is a tragedy for X-Plane.

In a time when the future (if any) of MSFS and its fan base is uncertain, X-Plane and its payware add-on developers should be striving as high as possible. Not producing material that compares to circa 2000 MSFS Freeware...

I know it can be done, all the proof you need is right here on this very website.

The MSFS crowd has been spoiled by so many ultra high end add on's by the likes of PMDG, Wilco 767PIC, Flight1, Eaglesoft etc...

It will take nothing less to begin winning them over to X-Plane.

I can't wait till we begin to see the release of the 747's here, the Hawker 4000, the 777 and the CRJ. I also have faith that version 2 of the MU-2 will be quite a step up and I hope that the King Air 200 is also still in production and will be of equal quality.

I feel that if such a push can happen in the next 6 months or less, a flurry of payware quality equal to PMDG then not only will we force others to publish to the same standard or risk losing sales.

The best advertisement will come from hundreds of very happy campers flooding the screenshot forums all across the net with pics of their new pride and joy's, wooing other potential X-Plane customers and finally convincing them its time to make the switch and come support XP for a while!

:)