What did you fly today?

Maxime

The world is small in the Jet age ;)

Zurich to Los angeles/ Flight time 11 hours 40 minutes/ A340-300RR/ Swiss International Airlines Flight LX40

Over Great Britain, crossing the atlantic, continuing over snowy Canada, then crossing half of america, and finally descending over the desert into LAX, turning onto final for 07L over the ocean. 

Edited by SwissCyul
  • Upvote 3

Do you fly in real time, and if yes, what do you do during the flight?

I fly routes that are 4-6 hours in real time. But longer then that i do 2x/4x ground speed. The flight took about 4-5 hours. I do many things while flying, like reading, cross country skiing, swimming, playing music… ;)

• Upvote 1

It's almost as if you could just do the take-off and landing and still be doing the same thing...

Yeah, but afterwards you won't feel satisfied because you didn't fly the real flight. And it's always nice to arrive after a 6 hour flight at your destination. For me it's like a rewarding experience because you see all the planning and preparation working out ;) Also you see amazing sunrises and sunsets on your route :D

• Upvote 1

I agree with you on that opinion SwissCyul. I never flew whith *2,*4 ground speed...... etc.  It's really nice to fly on a night flight heading eastbound. I recorded a video from night to late morning sunrise. It's a very pleasant experience, you should give it a try. May bey a 3 hour flight.

Edited by SloshyPage23
  • Upvote 1