What did you fly today?

Maxime

While taking a break from Mooney painting, I flew the air.c74.net Piper Saratoga from KGCN-KFLG (Grand Canyon to Flagstaff) I took in some nice Grand Canyon Scenery on the way out and saw the ugly x-plane version of a city on the way down to a perfect ILS landing at Flagstaff. I enjoyed the Saratoga so much that I think I'm going to go get Carenado's!

wssi94.jpg

2w7ig5c.jpg

2ii7vwj.jpg

72d7rl.jpg

34jdq3q.jpg

• Upvote 1

Uh, not sure about this. It's not going to replace the BK in my daily routine, but buying it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Typical Jason Chandler plane buying response. By the way Nicola, you may not be able to start painting liveries for the BX like you do with the BK. I was about to release a livery for a Jason Piper and the terms and conditions said no liveries. A response from him is still waiting.

Simon

Typical Jason Chandler plane buying response. By the way Nicola, you may not be able to start painting liveries for the BX like you do with the BK. I was about to release a livery for a Jason Piper and the terms and conditions said no liveries. A response from him is still waiting.

Simon

Thanks Simon, I did notice that in the T&Cs, plus the lack of a paintkit. I wasn't impressed so didn't plan doing any paints anyway.

Edited by Nicola_M

Flew my latest design, a staggered seating two seat, electric flying wing with a power train courtesy of Tesla motors. It uses Tesla's already existing battery tech, including a computer controlled battery heater/cooler system, and weighs in empty at 1100 lbs. including 500 lbs of battery/speed controller and temperature control. A bit on the heavy side, but definitely liftable with 150 hp. I get about a two hour flight time at half throttle, cruising about 140 kts. 64435705.jpg

No intentions of doing a blender job on this one - I'm going straight to an RC model as a proof of concept for a real one :) I figure that in 10-15 years when I get that far, batteries will have gotten a lot better, and I'll be getting pretty good flight times :)

Edited by HPM